The Student Room Group

AQA sociology paper 1

Can anyone tell me what they put in the 30 marker for points and criticism please?
Original post by Anonnnnn43
Can anyone tell me what they put in the 30 marker for points and criticism please?

i answered with internal and external factors that may affect achievement within social classes.
internal being the A03
Reply 2
Did you say like maternal and cultural deprivation then like labelling theory etc?
Original post by tashaparekhx
i answered with internal and external factors that may affect achievement within social classes.
internal being the A03
Reply 3
For internal factors I talked about bernsteins elaborated and restriced code and bordeuis cultural capital and evaluated that and then for internal I talked about Howard Becker and basically labelling theory and then talked about the a-c economony and educational triage
Reply 4
I structured it by theories ... e.g.
- New Right: state schools fail working class kids because comprehensive 'one size fits all' doesn't work.
- Functionalism: inequality is natural because it's meritocratic
- Marxism: cultural capital + myth of meritocracy

Anyone else do it this way?
a01 - external factors - housing, diet, financial problems, Bernstein’s speech codes A03 - internal - labelling (SFP) , subcultures, pupils identity, streaming/sets - gave examplesConclusion- how we should consider other things such as their gender and ethnicity
Reply 6
Original post by tashaparekhx
a01 - external factors - housing, diet, financial problems, Bernstein’s speech codes A03 - internal - labelling (SFP) , subcultures, pupils identity, streaming/sets - gave examplesConclusion- how we should consider other things such as their gender and ethnicity

Why is ao1 external and ao3 internal?
I didn’t know this was a thing.

On the AQA be sure it’s says
AO3: Analyse and evaluate sociological theories, concepts, evidence and research methods in order to:
present arguments
make judgements
draw conclusions.

Also does that mean we had to put internal factors last. And how many should we have done.
Sorry for all the questions.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 7
You need 4 for argument and 3 against
Reply 8
Original post by urmum69
I structured it by theories ... e.g.
- New Right: state schools fail working class kids because comprehensive 'one size fits all' doesn't work.
- Functionalism: inequality is natural because it's meritocratic
- Marxism: cultural capital + myth of meritocracy

Anyone else do it this way?

I never spoke about functionalist or Marxist I just spoke out the internal and external factors
Reply 9
Also can anyone tell me what they wrote for the 20 marker cos I’m so worried I think I genuinely have 0 marks
I put the external factors (cultural deprivation, cultural capital, material deprivation) and internal (labelling, subcultures and setting/streaming), I can't even remember what I put for the 20 marker tbf
Why is ao1 external and ao3 internal? - the question was asking for explanations as the social class differences in educational achievement - i was taught to split the paragraphs into A01.2&3 - from this the questions ask for the different reasons and so automatically i just know to talk about internal and external factor and internal factors - it’s how I was taught.
For A03 - yeah I did evluate and I evulated wth sociologists etc - idk why you would talk about research methods for education- it was an education questions ?? In the a03 I anayled as to why internal scores may also effect is so that’s the argument & I made a conclusion at the ends

Internal factors yes at the end. Me and my whole class did this exact structure but you may have been taught something else.
For a 30 marker you neeeded to do 4 paragraphs so I literally just did 4 external and internal factors that’s fine Id rather you ask so you know x
Original post by Anonnnnn43
Also can anyone tell me what they wrote for the 20 marker cos I’m so worried I think I genuinely have 0 marks

I analysed strengths and limitations of participant observations using the PERVERT wheel (idk if you got taught it like that) i then link it to pupil exclusion and then did that 3 times -
I’m pretty sure this was wrong thought. What did you do?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending