The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Mathematics (Old Spec) - Mechanics 3 MM03 - 06 June 2018 [Exam Discussion]

AQA A Level Maths Discussion Thread - 2018 Edition

Hey guys, I thought I'd make this niiiiiice and early so we can all share how we're preparing for our Maths exams this year?

Mechanics 3
Date: Wednesday 6th June 2018
Time: Morning
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Days to go?: 31

Probably the most important way to prepare for maths is to do plenty of past papers! You can find the more recent papers here and the older ones here.

Also, Physics & Maths Tutor has some good resources for revision - everything from revision notes to questions on specific topics. You can find the Mechanics 3 materials here.

Good luck with the preparations everyone, let the countdown commence!

Other AQA Exam Threads:
AQA AS Decision 1 (MD01) - 22nd June
AQA A2 Decision 2 (MD02) - 26th June
AQA AS Further Pure 1 (MFP1) - 13th June
AQA A2 Further Pure 2 (MFP2) - 22rd June
AQA A2 Further Pure 3 (MFP3) - 16th May
AQA A2 Further Pure 4 (MFP4) - 23rd May
AQA AS Mechanics 1 (MM1B) - 19th June
AQA A2 Mechanics 2 (MM2B) - 25th June
AQA AS Statistics 1 (MS1B) - 6th June
AQA A2 Statistics 2 (MS2B) - 19th June
AQA A2 Statistics 3 (MS03) - 25th June
AQA A2 Statistics 4 (MS04) - 26th June
AQA AS Core 1 (MPC1) - 16th May
AQA AS Core 2 (MPC2) - 23rd May
AQA A2 Core 3 (MPC3) - 13th June
AQA A2 Core 4 (MPC4) - 15th June
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Is anyone else doing this exam?
Reply 2
aPPARENTLY NOT
whom is relative motion ???
Reply 4
can anyone actually do relative motion... I get fed up with it so just gona wing it
Reply 5
Original post by levi ackerman
whom is relative motion ???

Original post by fperry
can anyone actually do relative motion... I get fed up with it so just gona wing it

nope lol i cant rly do m3 at all

imagine they give us a paper like the 2016 one...
Original post by ppdtg
nope lol i cant rly do m3 at all

imagine they give us a paper like the 2016 one...

jesus i hope not !!

whenever i go through a relative motion q from a past paper i'm like "yeah this isn't so bad actually, this makes perfect sense" and then i'll try the next paper and my mind goes totally blank !

out of interest, are you guys self teaching M3 or did you have timetabled lessons?
Reply 7
jesus i hope not !!

whenever i go through a relative motion q from a past paper i'm like "yeah this isn't so bad actually, this makes perfect sense" and then i'll try the next paper and my mind goes totally blank !

out of interest, are you guys self teaching M3 or did you have timetabled lessons?

yeah im hoping its an easy relative motion question... i make dumb mistakes all over the paper smh

i had timetabled lessons for m3, wby?
Original post by ppdtg
yeah im hoping its an easy relative motion question... i make dumb mistakes all over the paper smh

i had timetabled lessons for m3, wby?

ah nice, no i'm the only person in my year sitting the exam so i've had to self teach p much the whole course rip me haha
Reply 9
ah nice, no i'm the only person in my year sitting the exam so i've had to self teach p much the whole course rip me haha

lol twins im also the only person in my year doing the exam!! what did you use to teach yourself?

how prepared are you for tomorrow?
Original post by ppdtg
lol twins im also the only person in my year doing the exam!! what did you use to teach yourself?

how prepared are you for tomorrow?

mostly past papers, really

i feel maybe 65% prepared? i haven't looked at M3 for a few days bc of other exams so i feel like i've forgotten everything!
Reply 11
mostly past papers, really

i feel maybe 65% prepared? i haven't looked at M3 for a few days bc of other exams so i feel like i've forgotten everything!

same tbh im not fully prepared at all fml, i kinda regret leaving it all so late lol... if the exam isn't deathly we could try to make some sort of an unofficial mark scheme?? im prob gon fail tho so rip

what other modules are you taking?
Original post by ppdtg
same tbh im not fully prepared at all fml, i kinda regret leaving it all so late lol...

100% agree! i didn't really start properly preparing until about a month ago haha i hate myself :smile:

Original post by ppdtg
if the exam isn't deathly we could try to make some sort of an unofficial mark scheme??

hahhahahaahaha good one

Original post by ppdtg
what other modules are you taking?

C3, C4, S2, M2 and FP2. Pretty standard i guess. (should've done D2 instead lmao)
Reply 13
100% agree! i didn't really start properly preparing until about a month ago haha i hate myself :smile:
hahhahahaahaha good one
C3, C4, S2, M2 and FP2. Pretty standard i guess. (should've done D2 instead lmao)

lol dw i hate myself too !!!

lucky you didnd't take fp3 lol i think i died after that exam it went so badly, i'm taking the rest too, along with s1, d1, and fp1
decision is soooo boring tho

defo haven't revised enough rippPpP
Reply 14
Just “did” the 2016 paper, and if that sort of rel-velocity stuff comes up I’m going to fashion a noose during the paper...
Reply 15
Original post by Ricdave
Just “did” the 2016 paper, and if that sort of rel-velocity stuff comes up I’m going to fashion a noose during the paper...

lol ikr that paper was genuinely something else, if it's anything like that im getting a big U
Reply 16
Original post by ppdtg
lol ikr that paper was genuinely something else, if it's anything like that im getting a big U

I may force AQA into making negative scores possible 😂
absolutely praying that this is nice tomorrow, I'm abs screwed ahahahah. I do 13 modules so one of them won't count towards my final maths/ f maths grade and I'm 99% sure it'll be this
Reply 18
Original post by pennytown6
absolutely praying that this is nice tomorrow, I'm abs screwed ahahahah. I do 13 modules so one of them won't count towards my final maths/ f maths grade and I'm 99% sure it'll be this

13?!? We are doing 7 and one doesn’t count!!
Reply 19
Original post by pennytown6

Original post by Ricdave
13?!? We are doing 7 and one doesn’t count!!

help me ALL OF MINE COUNT

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending