The Student Room Group
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website

university of westminster full international scholarship

Hello,
I am Monalisha Ojha. I am from India. I have applied for the International Undergraduate Full Scholarship this year. I have also received the acknowledgement email from the University. can you please inform me about the status of my application as i am very tensed here. How many students have applied for this scholarship till now? And when will the university will reply me about there decision?

Scroll to see replies

Hi, i also applied for the scholarship, they said I'll get a decision within 4 weeks of the deadline...we'll get a response anytime in June
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website
Original post by monalisha
Hello,
I am Monalisha Ojha. I am from India. I have applied for the International Undergraduate Full Scholarship this year. I have also received the acknowledgement email from the University. can you please inform me about the status of my application as i am very tensed here. How many students have applied for this scholarship till now? And when will the university will reply me about there decision?

Dear Monalisha

The scholarships deadline is 31 May 2018 and we will continue to take applications up to this date. The scholarships team process applications as they come in and a final decision is made 4-6 weeks after the closing date - taking you into the first two weeks of July. So far we have received approx 140 applications for ONE scholarship. There is only ONE International Undergraduate Full Scholarship. This is a prestigious scholarship and is extremely competitive. I always advise applicants to lower their expectations and look for alternative funding opportunities.

Best wishes

Kim
Course Enquiries Team
Reply 3
Thank you for your reply. Am I also eligible for the Vice Chancellor Scholarship as it falls under Full Undergraduate Scholarship according to the University's website ?
Thank you for your reply. Am I also eligible for the Vice Chancellor Scholarship as it falls under Full Undergraduate Scholarship according to the University's website ?

Hi

The Scholarships Team will consider you for both the Vice Chancellor and the International Full scholarship.

Best of luck!

Kim
Reply 5
Hi,

My 12th results are going to be released on 28th may which is Monday.
I have written my predicted grade in the scholarship application. I have also sent the official transcript from my school. Do you think i should send the 12th mark sheet to strengthen my application? i hope it will not count as an extra document.
Hi,

My 12th results are going to be released on 28th may which is Monday.
I have written my predicted grade in the scholarship application. I have also sent the official transcript from my school. Do you think i should send the 12th mark sheet to strengthen my application? i hope it will not count as an extra document.

Hi there

The scholarships team don't need your 12th results at this time so don't send any additional documents.

Best wishes

Kim
Hello Kim,

Is the International Undergraduate Full Scholarship the same as the Vice Chancellor's Scholarship? There is only one form on the website under that category.

How many applications have been received for both so far?

Regards,

Zulaikhah
Original post by Zulaikhah18
Hello Kim,

Is the International Undergraduate Full Scholarship the same as the Vice Chancellor's Scholarship? There is only one form on the website under that category.

How many applications have been received for both so far?

Regards,

Zulaikhah

Hi Zulaikhah

The International Full Scholarship and the Vice Chancellors Scholarship are two separate scholarships. However as they are both full scholarships they use the same application form. Currently we have received 150 applications for just 2 scholarships.

Best wishes

Kim
Hi Kim,

Thanks for the feedback. I'm pretty sure the applications are being evaluated right now. I was wondering though, what is the standard of academic excellence required for a full scholarship?

Kind regards,

Zulaikhah
Hi Kim,

Thanks for the feedback. I'm pretty sure the applications are being evaluated right now. I was wondering though, what is the standard of academic excellence required for a full scholarship?

Kind regards,

Zulaikhah

Hi Zulaikhah

Applicants need to have passed their bachelor degree with a First Class Honours. We are unable to consider any students with a Second Class Honours.

Best wishes

Kim
Course Enquiries Team
Thanks Kim,

What about for undergraduate transfer students who are applying for the international full scholarship?
Thanks Kim,

What about for undergraduate transfer students who are applying for the international full scholarship?

Hi there

We're looking for academic excellence so A/A* students should apply.

Best wishes

Kim
Course Enquiries Team
Dear Kim,

My name is Igor. I am from Brazil. I would like to know how many applications for the full Undergrad scholarships you received in the end?

All the best!
Original post by ig0rviana
Dear Kim,

My name is Igor. I am from Brazil. I would like to know how many applications for the full Undergrad scholarships you received in the end?

All the best!

Hi Igor

We get far more applications than we have scholarships. A couple of hundred at least.

Best wishes

Kim
Course Enquiries Team
Hi Kim,

It's mid June. Has the Scholarships Team decided conclusively when they will be getting back to applicants?

Kind regards,
Zulaikhah
Hi Kim,

It's mid June. Has the Scholarships Team decided conclusively when they will be getting back to applicants?

Kind regards,
Zulaikhah

Hi Zulaikhah

The scholarships team are making good progress getting through the applications however I realise the waiting game for you is hard. The team want to get decisions out as quickly as possible and they are aware that people are anxious and will want to know whether they've been successful. It still may be a couple of weeks before a final decision is made. The time frame quoted is 4-6 weeks after the official closing date (31 May).

The team will be in contact as soon as they can.

Kim
Course Enquiries Team
Hello Kim,

I submitted my application in April and a few days later I received a mail from the Scholarships Office telling me I was not eligible because I have a ELQ.

However that was a misunderstanding because I'm actually a transfer student and I explained this. The issue was resolved and I was informed my application would move forward for review.

Yesterday, I mailed the Scholarships Office to ask about results announcement date and it appears the ELQ issue wasn't totally resolved because I was informed I was still not eligible. I am really bothered about this mix-up.

Could you please help with confirming the status of my application with the Scholarships Team?

Kind regards,

Zulaikhah
Hello Kim,

I submitted my application in April and a few days later I received a mail from the Scholarships Office telling me I was not eligible because I have a ELQ.

However that was a misunderstanding because I'm actually a transfer student and I explained this. The issue was resolved and I was informed my application would move forward for review.

Yesterday, I mailed the Scholarships Office to ask about results announcement date and it appears the ELQ issue wasn't totally resolved because I was informed I was still not eligible. I am really bothered about this mix-up.

Could you please help with confirming the status of my application with the Scholarships Team?

Kind regards,

Zulaikhah

Hi Zulaikhah

I've now heard back from the Scholarships Team. Unfortunately your application for a full scholarship was unsuccessful, it was looked at a second time and the Scholarships Board decided that there were stronger applications than yours and have awarded the scholarship to other applicants. There is no mix-up with ELQ. Just to make you aware the Full Scholarship is extremely prestigious and valuable. We only award two scholarships in total.

Best wishes

Kim
Course Enquiries Team
Original post by University of Westminster
Hi Zulaikhah

I've now heard back from the Scholarships Team. Unfortunately your application for a full scholarship was unsuccessful, it was looked at a second time and the Scholarships Board decided that there were stronger applications than yours and have awarded the scholarship to other applicants. There is no mix-up with ELQ. Just to make you aware the Full Scholarship is extremely prestigious and valuable. We only award two scholarships in total.

Best wishes

Kim
Course Enquiries Team

I understand, Kim. Thanks a lot.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending