The Student Room Group

Home Office AO Roles in Sheffield

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LR123
I know! Sorry to hear, that's really unlucky. I hope for you it will still be eight weeks from when you got the provisional offer!

I hope so too! Keep me updated if you hear anything from them, I will if I hear anything too.
Reply 21
Original post by lorenmariex
I hope so too! Keep me updated if you hear anything from them, I will if I hear anything too.

Will do! :smile:
Can I ask what email address you sent a message to? I have my provisional offer and I have an email saying that I've passed security checks but I've heard nothing since! I want to ask someone but I have no idea who to contact haha xx
Reply 23
Original post by Claireylee
Can I ask what email address you sent a message to? I have my provisional offer and I have an email saying that I've passed security checks but I've heard nothing since! I want to ask someone but I have no idea who to contact haha xx

Hey, [email protected] is the email address I messaged. Hope you get a response soon! Also put the job reference number as the subject of the email :smile:
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by LR123
Hey, [email protected] is the email address I messaged. Hope you get a response soon! Also put the job reference number as the subject of the email :smile:

Oh! Thanks so much I couldn't find anyone to contact haha! :smile:
Reply 25
Oh! Thanks so much I couldn't find anyone to contact haha! :smile:

No problem! Could you message on here if they say anything about a potential start date? :smile:
Original post by LR123
No problem! Could you message on here if they say anything about a potential start date? :smile:

Yeah definitely, it's driving me crazy not knowing haha!
Reply 27
Yeah definitely, it's driving me crazy not knowing haha!

Haha same!
That email is for family and human rights recruitment, does anyone have an email for visa and immigration recruitment? 🙈
Reply 29
That email is for family and human rights recruitment, does anyone have an email for visa and immigration recruitment? 🙈

Wait, did you not apply for the Home Office Administrative Officer (UK Visa & Immigration,Immigration & Protection, Family Human Rights Unit) position?
Original post by LR123
Wait, did you not apply for the Home Office Administrative Officer (UK Visa & Immigration,Immigration & Protection, Family Human Rights Unit) position?

Just looked and it says UK visa and immigration on the job advert, but the lady that replied to my email said my job ref number wasn't relevant to her department so must have applied for something different haha!
Reply 31
I ve emailed the home office about the reserve list. The home office answer:

“At present there are no further AO positions on offer within UKVI, Family & Human Rights Unit and you will remain on our reserve list for 12 months.”
Original post by Corellian
I ve emailed the home office about the reserve list. The home office answer:

“At present there are no further AO positions on offer within UKVI, Family & Human Rights Unit and you will remain on our reserve list for 12 months.”

Which email address did you use? :smile:
Reply 33
I had my assessment and interview on the 24th March as well, they put me on reserve list !Ehty
Reply 34
Reply 35
Recently, it is a lot going on the the Sheffield HO. HO has been recurring new temp agencies and AO and EO officers....
https://www.indeed.co.uk/m/viewjob?jk=456847f8cf520608&from=serp

This is ENOYING when people have been put on the HO Reserve list.
Has anyone had any updates?
I have my start date for the 16th July for UK visa and immigration. If they are taking 40 people on as the advert said, then I wonder if it will be in stages?
I’m guessing they may do! Either that or they will try and get all of the checks done by then! How long did it take for your vetting to go through and for you to receive your start date?
Original post by lorenmariex
I’m guessing they may do! Either that or they will try and get all of the checks done by then! How long did it take for your vetting to go through and for you to receive your start date?

I got my provisional offer on 13th April, cleared security on 22nd May and got the 7th June, so it's been a loooong process haha!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending