The Student Room Group

Ocr A level unified Chemistry paper

I just wanted to find out if we should focus on mainly practicals for the unified paper or if there is anything in particular that they normally ask for?
I have heard from other people that paper 3 is commonly practical base but as we only have 1 official past paper to go on - I want to hear others opinions.
Reply 1
Bump
Reply 2
Original post by LakenM
I just wanted to find out if we should focus on mainly practicals for the unified paper or if there is anything in particular that they normally ask for?
I have heard from other people that paper 3 is commonly practical base but as we only have 1 official past paper to go on - I want to hear others opinions.

There’s also the specimen paper on the OCR website...
...i’m just stuck on what to revise besides the practicals.
Would you know what didn’t come up in the 2 exams we did? Then at least we can predict what may come up in one next week!
Reply 3
Original post by 0ello0
There’s also the specimen paper on the OCR website...
...i’m just stuck on what to revise besides the practicals.
Would you know what didn’t come up in the 2 exams we did? Then at least we can predict what may come up in one next week!

I feel like they might ask more on Ligands and maybe do more calculations that involve practicals like Kc and Kp as they didn’t ask much on the first two papers. Organic had a lot on synthesis and not much on practicals like how to obtain a pure sample so I think sort of stuff might feature on unified paper.
its always difficult to predict the unified content as it really could be anything.. saying that, my teacher said the best way to revise is to review every practical you did, and not just the process but things like what would happen if you did this step differently or added this up incorrectly, what would happen to your results, and also set up diagrams and any calculations required.. i wouldnt base too much of your predictions on what didnt come up in paper one or two, last years unified featured stuff that was also in those:smile: good luck everyone!

Quick Reply

Latest