The Student Room Group

Edexcel A-level German speaking exam [Exam Discussion]

Hi guys,

I'm studying German A-level from home, and while this is cool because I don't have to go to lessons, I therefore also am lacking any kind of support. I'm sort of slightly worried because there aren't any past papers available for the new edition of the course, and I'm not really sure what's going to happen.

If anyone did Edexcel German LAST YEAR, maybe they could tell me about the research part of the speaking exam specifically? I'm not really sure what's going to happen in it, or what to research for the presentation (does it have to involve German culture in any way for example)...

A walkthrough of some sort would be very much appreciated!

Viel'n Dank boiz x
Original post by human bean
Hi guys,

I'm studying German A-level from home, and while this is cool because I don't have to go to lessons, I therefore also am lacking any kind of support. I'm sort of slightly worried because there aren't any past papers available for the new edition of the course, and I'm not really sure what's going to happen.

If anyone did Edexcel German LAST YEAR, maybe they could tell me about the research part of the speaking exam specifically? I'm not really sure what's going to happen in it, or what to research for the presentation (does it have to involve German culture in any way for example)...

A walkthrough of some sort would be very much appreciated!

Viel'n Dank boiz x

Download the full spec.
https://qualifications.pearson.com/en/qualifications/edexcel-a-levels/german-2016.coursematerials.html#filterQuery=category:Pearson-UK:Category%2FSpecification-and-sample-assessments

Also you should have some decent revision books that are up to date.
Also there are speaking guides in the link below.

https://qualifications.pearson.com/en/qualifications/edexcel-a-levels/german-2016.coursematerials.html#filterQuery=Pearson-UK:Category%2FTeaching-and-learning-materials
Hey Guys,

Sorry i'm a little late to this thread, but it looks like it could be really useful! I've added it to our big list of exam threads here where you can find helpful threads for all the exams you're doing. If you want to make any more exam threads, let me know the link and I can add it in as well! Happy revising! :groovy:
Hey guys,
For this speaking part of the exam, on the edexcel website on the sample assessment report, it says there is a structure in terms of what topic cards each candidate gets, for example it says candidate 1 gets topic 1 or 12, candidate 2 gets 6 or 7. This was the exact same order for my Spanish speaking exam that I took last week, so do you think it will be the same for German?
Reply 4
The speaking exam seemed to go ok.But OMG what was that exam yesterday. I could not fully answer all the questions, we are making a complaint to our tutor.
Original post by MEred
The speaking exam seemed to go ok.But OMG what was that exam yesterday. I could not fully answer all the questions, we are making a complaint to our tutor.

I never thought I would say this but the speaking exam went so much better than the reading! And I could not sleep the day before my speaking exam but for reading I was very confident and it was a complete disaster!
But is the complain going to help in some way?
Reply 6
Original post by MEred

I feel you, was pretty horrible -- I felt like they deliberately used unnatural language just to make it difficult :frown:
Original post by human bean
I feel you, was pretty horrible -- I felt like they deliberately used unnatural language just to make it difficult :frown:

Trust me

2 minutes ago

Hi guys, I'm new here so I hope I am posting this at the right place. Basically I am a bit confused with regards to AS german Edexcel and I'm studying it from home so I don't know who to ask. In the Hodder education book it is written that for AS you only need to study Themes 1 and 2. When I flick through the other themes though (for example Theme 3) I see that some pages have '' AS stage'' written on the top right corner of the page. Does that mean I need to learn those parts of the other themes too?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending