The Student Room Group

whos revising maths?

what you guys doing? just papers? y'all readY? study leave today?
im doing loads of papers and I feel ready and yh im on study leave ru?
I have edexcel maths exam paper 2 tomorrow (higher) but I have my music gcse listening exam first this afternoon yay
Reply 3
I have AQA maths exam tomorrow foundation I'm am on study leave doing lots of revision for maths I think I will do ok just try you best that's my tip
Reply 4
What do u think boundary for a 9 will be
Don't revise maths you dont need to (then I will get a 9!!!!)
Reply 6
Original post by BlueCactus16
im doing loads of papers and I feel ready and yh im on study leave ru?

Yeah I'm just doing a paper and then going through the topics I get wrong in detail. & Not quite & Nope, I had to take a day off cos my damn school don't do study leave -
Reply 7
Original post by KimNoel
I have AQA maths exam tomorrow foundation I'm am on study leave doing lots of revision for maths I think I will do ok just try you best that's my tip

Yeah same AQA but higher, and our school doesn't do study leave which sucks but I took a day off & Yeah I'm also spending my day doing maths. Hopefully, it should be a better paper than paper 1 for me anyway! Thank you and goodluck x
Reply 8
Original post by bilalsheraz7

No idea but look at the old grade boundaries and add a few more marks should give u an approximation
Reply 9
Original post by MaizieAmyr
Don't revise maths you dont need to (then I will get a 9!!!!)

How about if there's a topic which you got wrong in a practise paper but you know you know it (if you know what im trying to say) Should you still go over it again just in case or is that wasting your time? I'm not even aiming for a 9 but I would like to know

Edexcel from 67- 72 for a 9,
AQA will be similar but a bit less
not me hehehe
Reply 12
It depends on how well everybody does if everyone did really bad the grade boundaries will be lower but if people do really well with it the grade boundaries will be higher
I've gone through the predicted paper on onmaths, and am now using Seneca Learning to practise the topics I got wrong on that...
Reply 14
Original post by sallyS22
I've gone through the predicted paper on onmaths, and am now using Seneca Learning to practise the topics I got wrong on that...

I was thinking of using seneca but didn't kno if it would be any use for maths - do u think it's effective?
Original post by gurlll
I was thinking of using seneca but didn't kno if it would be any use for maths - do u think it's effective?

Yeah I'm finding it useful for just learning the concepts and practising the stuff I struggle with
Original post by gurlll
How about if there's a topic which you got wrong in a practise paper but you know you know it (if you know what im trying to say) Should you still go over it again just in case or is that wasting your time? I'm not even aiming for a 9 but I would like to know

Not sure if you are asking me specifically. Do you mean if you are, for example, you good at surds but then you get a question on surds wrong should you revise that topic again? I would say no because its usually just the style of question rather than a weak topic that causes the issue, instead look for more questions of that style eg if you stuggle on a surd question that asks you to simpily an a √a / √b + c question then do more of that style of question rather than recapping simple surds.
Hope that helped.

I think 65+ for edexcell but it can vary by a bit.
Reply 18
Original post by MaizieAmyr
Not sure if you are asking me specifically. Do you mean if you are, for example, you good at surds but then you get a question on surds wrong should you revise that topic again? I would say no because its usually just the style of question rather than a weak topic that causes the issue, instead look for more questions of that style eg if you stuggle on a surd question that asks you to simpily an a √a / √b + c question then do more of that style of question rather than recapping simple surds.
Hope that helped.

Yess thank you that does help!
Original post by gurlll
Yess thank you that does help!

Good luck for tommorow then.

Quick Reply

Latest