The Student Room Group

CyberStart Elite (CyberDiscovery UK Round 4)

Anyone get through to Elite? If so, which camp are you doing (London / Manchester / Bristol)?

Scroll to see replies

I got accepted but there aren't any dates I can do sadly.
Reply 2
Those of you who have got accepted, how far through essentials did you get? I've not been able to do a lot recently due to exams
Reply 3
Original post by Adam Bromiley
I got accepted but there aren't any dates I can do sadly.

Aw that sucks, what did you get in Game and Essentials?
Reply 4
Original post by BDE
Those of you who have got accepted, how far through essentials did you get? I've not been able to do a lot recently due to exams

100% in Game and currently 52% complete in Essentials (I have yet to work my average exam score out so far).
How do you tell if you got through? I got 80% in essentials and about 50% in game
Reply 6
annoyingly because of exams I'm only about 30% through essentials. I feel they could have done the timings better re that. going to sweat it over these next 2 weeks
Reply 7
Original post by Kakemono
How do you tell if you got through? I got 80% in essentials and about 50% in game

Emails were sent out yesterday, they're being done in batches so if you don't have one yet you may get one soon :smile:
Reply 8
What are the course dates? I'm pretty busy over summer so don't think I'd make any even if I got through
Reply 9
Original post by Kakemono

You'll receive an invite via e-mail, letting you know more information and also to set location preferences. A wave of e-mails were sent out yesterday afternoon, but they're going to invite more people later, so don't lose faith if you've not received a email yet! :smile:
Original post by BDE
annoyingly because of exams I'm only about 30% through essentials. I feel they could have done the timings better re that. going to sweat it over these next 2 weeks

There is always Year 2 to do it again and try for Elite!
Original post by BDE
What are the course dates? I'm pretty busy over summer so don't think I'd make any even if I got through

Manchester - 21st and 22nd July
Bristol - 28th and 29th July
London - 4th and 5th August
Reply 12
Original post by rosehip1248
There is always Year 2 to do it again and try for Elite!

Very true, although I'll be y13 next year and one of the reasons I'm doing it is to bolster my uni application.
Original post by caliex
You'll receive an invite via e-mail, letting you know more information and also to set location preferences. A wave of e-mails were sent out yesterday afternoon, but they're going to invite more people later, so don't lose faith if you've not received a email yet! :smile:

Did you get through to Elite? :biggrin:
Original post by BDE
Very true, although I'll be y13 next year and one of the reasons I'm doing it is to bolster my uni application.

I know year 13s doing it this year, it's possible! :smile:
Reply 15
Mangaging to make good progress! 73% through essentials now
Anyone get through to Elite? If so, which camp are you doing (London / Manchester / Bristol)?

I got my email the other day, has anyone got accepted to a specifc camp yet?
Original post by dai5yl0u
I got my email the other day, has anyone got accepted to a specifc camp yet?

I have - London. They sent out consent forms and infromation packs.

Which one are you applying for?
I have applied to London but as I got an invite on Thursday I haven't recieved an information pack. I just hope that I get one soon
I have - London. They sent out consent forms and infromation packs.

Which one are you applying for?
I gave up on cyberstart essentials

I'm in year 9 and shouldn't have been doing it anyways :P

Gonna try properly next year

Quick Reply

Latest