The Student Room Group

Predictions for AQA A Level English Lang and Lit?

Paper 1 (Paris, The Lovely Bones, Duffy poetry) is on Thursday - has anyone got any predictions for the questions?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Not sure but we’re doing Frankenstein. I hope Paris questions doesn’t include the seven ages of Paris or the letter. Quite confident for tomrrw though overall.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Hsnkx
Not sure but we’re doing Frankenstein. Are you doing carol Ann Duffy for poetry?

Yes I am!
Reply 3
Original post by janderson854
Yes I am!

Just realised you’d put that in brackets lol
Original post by Hsnkx
Just realised you’d put that in brackets lol

How did you revise?
Reply 5
For poetry Iv gone through each one and annotated then again but it’s quite hard to revise English tbh. I’m going to keeping going over terminology tomrrw before the exam hby??
Original post by Hsnkx
For poetry Iv gone through each one and annotated then again but it’s quite hard to revise English tbh. I’m going to keeping going over terminology tomrrw before the exam hby??

Same i don't really know terminology, it's quite hard to revise for English tbh. Paris and poetry are all basically device spotting, and then the prose is just learning context and knowing the right terminology?
I'm doing Paris, Frankenstein and Duffy!!! Surprised so many people are doing lit lang hahaha. But I'm so nervous I want an A but all I know my coursework is is that it's above 30, any ideas what id need to get in the exam??
Original post by eleanorw_x
I'm doing Paris, Frankenstein and Duffy!!! Surprised so many people are doing lit lang hahaha. But I'm so nervous I want an A but all I know my coursework is is that it's above 30, any ideas what id need to get in the exam??

I need at least a B, so I'm very worried
I need at least a B, so I'm very worried

what did you get for your coursework??
what did you get for your coursework??

Our teacher never told us, wby?
Our teacher never told us, wby?

OMG same!!!!! what is it with them doing that lol
I think the NEA is only worth 20%?
yeah thankfully it is but it can still bring your grade up or down :frown: have you got any tips for Frankenstein question, I think it'll be slightly harder this year as it's the second year
yeah thankfully it is but it can still bring your grade up or down :frown: have you got any tips for Frankenstein question, I think it'll be slightly harder this year as it's the second year

Answer me this: from what you've been taught, what are the possible questions that could come up?
okay um maybe the DeLacey family?? Frankenstein and Elizabeth's relationship, significance of setting, science or religion, significance of family and importance of females is pretty much it
okay um maybe the DeLacey family?? Frankenstein and Elizabeth's relationship, significance of setting, science or religion, significance of family and importance of females is pretty much it

No but like the actual question itself, like character or setting? Because we've only been taught character or setting questions, and I think there's other questions that could come up?
oh right the only other thing I could think of is like themes it's difficult because there's only 1 past paper hahaha. I think love might come up for Duffy
oh right the only other thing I could think of is like themes it's difficult because there's only 1 past paper hahaha. I think love might come up for Duffy

I have a feeling love will come up too! I hope so anyway since there's a lot you can talk about for it
really but me too I'll be so happy I'll do Valentine and first love thankfully there's choice in Frankenstein and Duffy

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending