The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Mathematics Paper 2: 8300H

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zak_I
What did you guys get for the ratio question 8:15 and you had to say how many weeks it would be for their money to equal that ratio. I got 7 weeks. Anyone else?

I got 6
Original post by Baebsae
I think the paper was easier than paper 1 but it wasn’t as easy as the specimen paper on the AQA website. When doing the practice question online before the exam I was quite nervous as I couldn’t do many of them but overall it went well (better than I expected) :smile:

I think it was a lot easier than the specimen paper on aqa website and paper 2 of June 2017.
(edited 5 years ago)
was the 4th question 40 as a percentage of 10 =400% is that right
Original post by Camdj
Does anyone know the last answer, I got x = 7?

i got 1.4
Reply 44
Original post by Zak_I
What did you guys get for the ratio question 8:15 and you had to say how many weeks it would be for their money to equal that ratio. I got 7 weeks. Anyone else?

I got 6 weeks for that one
Original post by Zak_I

Pretty sure it's 6 weeks
Original post by 11001001
For the line intersecting the curve: I got the one point as (0.5,2.5)

I got (-0.5, 1.5)
The one about theo and james. That was the only one i couldnt do
Original post by Zak_I

i got 5 weeks
Hey guys, if any of you want to set up an unofficial markscheme just make one and then tag me in! That way i can promote it around the site and get it filled in as soon as possible!

How your exam went okay today! :biggrin:
Yeah I got 6 weeks
was q3 3:2
Original post by Zak_I

I got 6 weeks for that question.

Here is what I did:

Theo:James
18+4.5x : 4x, where x = number of weeks

We can assume week 0 = 18:0 as Theo and James start off with £18 and £0 respectively.
Week 1: 22.5:4
Week 2: 27:8
Week 3: 31.5:12
Week 4: 36:16
Week 5: 40.5:20
Week 6: 45:24, which divided by 3, simplifies to 15:8, therefore it took 6 weeks.
Original post by Iahmed512
Yeah I think it went great and found it easy.
Final question s were about showing there is only one intersection,, functions, Venn Diagrams.

Good to hear - hopefully u got that 9
i got 7 weeks because week 1 they start with 18 and 0
Yeah
it is 6 tho
Original post by Seth Steele
x was 25
physics alone was 35
chemistry was 47 and 43 people took neither class

how'd you work out x?
Original post by Ok2016
I got 6 weeks for that one

Damn it I made a silly mistake with counting here, I think you're correct and it is indeed 6.
Reply 59
Original post by 11001001
For the line intersecting the curve: I got the one point as (0.5,2.5)

I got it as (-0.5,1.5) ??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending