Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Neuroscience

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by LibertySea
As a current first year of Neuroscience (at the University of Manchester), I wish you all the best of luck!

and if you have any questions, I may be of help, so feel free to ask!

LibertySea x

Thank you so much! What were your predicted grades and your actual grades?
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 21
This sounds fantastic, is there any possible availability in the summer holidays?
Reply 22
I agree, I'd love to be involved one day in curing or researching to develop a cure for a disease like Alzheimer's!
Original post by bethany49
Thank you so much! What were your predicted grades and your actual grades?

So I did the IB and was predicted a 37 with a 664 in my HLs but got a 32 with a 553 in my HLs. To put it to approximate A-level equivalents is an AAA to a BBB. My application was still strong enough to get into the University of Manchester (my firm choice) without being waitlisted. I was also waitlisted by the University of Nottingham, but thankfully did not have to endure the pain of waiting all summer for an answer(IB results are in July).
Reply 24
Once I've done my exams and before results day, I have no plans, so to have the chance to experience something like that would be amazing
Anyone received an offer yet?? I’m waiting patiently but I just want my offer/rejection!! (Praying for an offer though)
Offer received today!!

ABB for MSci Neuroscience !!

So happy and surprised that it’s ABB and not AAB as it says on the website

Good luck all!
Ajdkfkkwjdjejd i got my offer im so happy good luck everyone

Original post by jessicamae1412
received my acknowledgement email on the 15th but heard nothing since
i'm really scared i wont get an offer because heck there's only 36 places and my predicted grades are only aaa even though i got aaa in my mocks and my school is just dead strict over predicted grades and never give out a*'s (but are the unis gonna know that no) and then i presume at least an a for the epq
bit nervous about the whole work experience thingyo as well because all i've done is 6 months volunteering at a nursing home with neurodegenerative patients and
then a villiers park residential course on neuroscience. I've done biology related extracurriculars as well but idk omg i just feel like there's way better people i just need to hope that they can smell my desperation because lord i wanna do neuroscience so bad
basically ya gal is just praying for that offer
Reply 28
Mine went off on the 23rd of November, had all 5 of my acknowledgement emails, heard back from Leeds and Derby, still nervously waiting to hear back from Nottingham though :frown:
Original post by bethany49
Mine went off on the 23rd of November, had all 5 of my acknowledgement emails, heard back from Leeds and Derby, still nervously waiting to hear back from Nottingham though :frown:

Hey, don't worry about it too much

I got my Nottingham offer in like March-ish, and I had sent my offer in December. Waiting is part of the process and it doesn't necessarily mean a good or bad thing, it's just the way it is.

If you still have questions, feel free to ask.

LibertySea x
Do you find neuroscience that hard?? I'm a first year studying chemistry which I find very difficult and soooo boring so thinking of applying to neuroscience instead. Neuroscience interests me a lot more so know the work will be more enjoyable but don't really want to start something that's equally as hard!
Reply 31
Original post by bioenthusiast
Offer received today!!

ABB for MSci Neuroscience !!

So happy and surprised that it’s ABB and not AAB as it says on the website

Good luck all!

Hey! Just wanted to ask what your predicted grades were as I've applied to the same course but got offered AAB
Original post by r.t1609
Hey! Just wanted to ask what your predicted grades were as I've applied to the same course but got offered AAB

Hey,
My predictions are AAB. I think the reason may be because I did a UoN summer school and they lower your grade by one
Reply 33
Original post by bioenthusiast
Hey,
My predictions are AAB. I think the reason may be because I did a UoN summer school and they lower your grade by one

Oh! I see, that's cool! Good luck with exams :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending