The Student Room Group

OCR Psychology Core Studies

Am I the only one that messed up on the article thing at the end? What were we even supposed to write for the first 6 marker on psychological issues with the article?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Absolutely blessed paper.
Reply 2
Original post by remy72
Absolutely blessed paper.

The majority of it was easy, just the end section, no idea what to put there
Reply 3
Original post by Dazeo
The majority of it was easy, just the end section, no idea what to put there

Which part? For psychological issues I put Destructive Obedience and Diffusion of Responsibility.
Reply 4
Basically a psychological issues is anything that has a psychological basis.
You could have done cultural views on helping behaviour, obeying orders to figure (the coach) , cost reward motivation (American runner wanted to win - wanted reward didnt want to help as would cost him the race )
Reply 5
In terms of strategies and evaluating them I dont think I got much on those 8 markers
Quite a nice paper tbf better than RM!! What did you all think was the hardest question?
Reply 7
For the 6 marker I wrote, response to authority(American runner obeying his coach) and altruistic behaviour (Brazilian runner showing the tradition of simpatico and helping the Mexican) - not sure if it’s right. Also I kinda struggled with that Piliavin question and relating it to the article. What did you guys write for that question??
Reply 8
What did everyone put for the results of the strange stories test?

How many points of discussion were required for ethical considerations (12) I did 3...

And the links to piliavin I said race COULD be a factor and then linked the qualitative data of "I'm not strong enough" suggesting the American athlete may not have been physically able to help.
Reply 9
Original post by Dazeo

How many points of discussion were required for ethical considerations (12) I did 3...

And the links to piliavin I said race COULD be a factor and then linked the qualitative data of "I'm not strong enough" suggesting the American athlete may not have been physically able to help.

Awesome, I also talked about how race could be a factor in the American not helping the Mexican and referring to how on the subway there was bias of same-race helping.

Also I did a bunch of ethical considerations, but used two studies and evaluated their use of ethics and whether this made it unethical or ethical, etc.

For the strange stories, I didn’t have enough time answering it as I started from back to front but I would’ve wrote that participants suffering from autism would think that sally would know where the ball is(in the box) and not understand that it was hidden because of impaired theory of mind. I think
Reply 10
You discussed the Sally-Anne test not the Strange Stories 😋

For the 12 marker I started 3 points with an ethical considerations and applied 2 studies to each point
What did you put for the ethics in social?
Reply 12
Original post by Blahdfgff
What did you put for the ethics in social?

1. Lacks ethics through deception
Milgram + Bocchiaro deceptive aims.

2. Lacks ethics through protection from harm
Milgram + Piliavin

3. Ethical through debrief
Milgram

4. (Unsure if it gets any marks) But I discussed how it was necessary to deceive participants to measure the variables they were measuring.
Good paper to be fair. I reckon grade boundaries will only be slightly higher than last year because not everyone writes answers in the corrext way.

I ran out of time and missed the last 8 marker but im pretter confident with all my other answers which is good
Did u guys think the timing for the paper was too short. I missed two 8 markers😭 I did everything else though
I actually think I’ve done the 12 marker wrong. I put that adhering to ethical considerations would reduce internal validity as it would Introduce demand characteristics by the participants not being deceived. Then i talked about cost benefit analysis of breaking ethical guidelines. Then I put that social area studies in the past particularly were really unethical as participants were harmed. I literally started panicking in the exam and just wrote whatever 😩
Original post by JusticeInk
I actually think I’ve done the 12 marker wrong. I put that adhering to ethical considerations would reduce internal validity as it would Introduce demand characteristics by the participants not being deceived. Then i talked about cost benefit analysis of breaking ethical guidelines. Then I put that social area studies in the past particularly were really unethical as participants were harmed. I literally started panicking in the exam and just wrote whatever 😩

What you wrote in the 12 marker sounds good!! Especially cost benefit analysis.
Original post by Dazeo
Am I the only one that messed up on the article thing at the end? What were we even supposed to write for the first 6 marker on psychological issues with the article?

My two psychological issues were obedience and helping behaviour.
I definitely messed up the suggestions though as I struggle to think well on the spot like that in exams if there aren't pre-determined answers
Original post by Dazeo

For the strange stories results I explained how the autistic group made mistakes on it but the tourettes and the control group didn't make mistakes. Not sure if there are specific results in my notes for that
Original post by Dazeo

I really liked the paper!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending