The Student Room Group

Psychology Alevel paper 2 2018 AQA unofficial markscheme

Guys follow my twitter @zninja3 and add my epic game name: snipeassist

Guys comment your answers and the questions with it.

1. which one of these is FALSE about the cognitive approach (something like that)
I put C i think im not sure

(16 mark) Outline the behaviourist approach and compare it to the biological approach
Compare: Both reductionist, both determinism. lol i forgot what else i put

(8 mark) Explain using zeitgabers how her mother can put her baby to sleep.

Why was a repeated measures design used

Last question: How could the validity of the experiment be improve)
(Overall i found this paper really easier :smile:)
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Yeah i think I put C too, as it’s not direct but indirect
Anyone else did bar chart for the graph question
Reply 3
Original post by JordanPOL99

Yh i put the males and females on the X axis and the percentages on the Y axis. And i labelled each bar with either aggression or friendly. Is that right?
Reply 4

Me
But I put the boys results together
left a gap, and then the girls results together
...not sure if that's right...
Reply 5
Who else got 27 percent for the pie chart thing? I saw it was an obtuse angle so i estimated it had an angle of 100 degrees so i did 100/360 multiplied by 100 to get 27 percent
Original post by zninja3
Who else got 27 percent for the pie chart thing? I saw it was an obtuse angle so i estimated it had an angle of 100 degrees so i did 100/360 multiplied by 100 to get 27 percent

Yh
Reply 7
Original post by Lia22
Me
But I put the boys results together
left a gap, and then the girls results together
...not sure if that's right...

i did the same

yep. y axis was the percentage of aggressive and friendly dreams. on the x, was split into 2 categories: friendly and aggressive. 2 bars under friendly for male and female %. then 2 bars under aggressive for males and females. Key: Male (shaded) Female (unshaded)
Original post by zninja3
Guys comment your answers and the questions with it.

1. which one of these is FALSE about the cognitive approach (something like that)
I put C i think im not sure

(16 mark) Outline the behaviourist approach and compare it to the biological approach
Compare: Both reductionist, both determinism. lol i forgot what else i put

(8 mark) Explain using zeitgabers how her mother can put her baby to sleep.

Why was a repeated measures design used

Last question: How could the validity of the experiment be improve)
(Overall i found this paper really easier :smile:)

I put what you put also put how they're both hard determinism as well one being env. Deterministic and one being bio. Deterministic i also said how they both have application to real life aka token economy and Anti psychotics, what did you get for the synapse one
Reply 10
what did you guys put for the schema q2?
Reply 11
Original post by JVelo

I forgot the actual questions. Something like mental representation and stuff. Helps you make short cuts when large amount of information are presented at once.
Reply 12
Original post by budgie888
I put what you put also put how they're both hard determinism as well one being env. Deterministic and one being bio. Deterministic i also said how they both have application to real life aka token economy and Anti psychotics, what did you get for the synapse one

Damn i forgot about token eco and stuff but i added other stuff. It was only 8 marks so i think if i mention determinism and stuff i should get 8 marks anyway?
i put that schema are useful when in unfamiliar situations in order to know how to behave, but not useful when dealing with phobias

Original post by JVelo
Original post by zninja3
Damn i forgot about token eco and stuff but i added other stuff. It was only 8 marks so i think if i mention determinism and stuff i should get 8 marks anyway?

Yeah you should do i think i overwrote for that also the outline part of the question is easy anyway

yup:biggrin:
For schema I put that it helps us know what to do in certain situations, e.g. scanning your oyster/ticket when you get on a bus, this helps so that we don't get confused every time we get on. A disadvantage is prejudice and stereotypes, e.g. negative stigma towards muslims.

Is it okay I compared social learning theory to the biological approach? Social learning theory comes under the behaviourism right?
What did you put for last questions talking about how to improve the experiment design because i put matched pairs first and then at last minute changed my answer to using a stratified sample not voounteer... think i ****ed up??
It was sensory, relay and motor.

27% piechart

8.4 hrs for sleep

225 (i think, cant remember precisely) for male responses 60%
Reply 19
Original post by JVelo

+ve
Helps us makes sense of new info
Take short cuts ( can’t remember 2nd point)

-ve
Can create negative stereotypes
Can distort or make us forget memories

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending