This poll is closed

How did you find the exam?

Very easy 6%
Easy 28%
OK 50%
Hard 11%
Very hard4%
Total votes: 333
I got ABBBBDCAACDBDBA for the multiple choice questions - did you get anything different?

7.5 x 10^-14

9 x 10^8 particles

6.9 x 10^-14

How did you guys find it?

Vote on the poll and comment your answers below!
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lastminutestats
I got ABBBBDCAACDBDBA for the multiple choice questions - did you get anything different?

7.5 x 10^-14

9 x 10^8 particles

6.9 x 10^-14

How did you guys find it?

Vote on the poll and comment your answers below!

I can’t really remember multiple choice but got all the math stuff answers you got too and internal resistance was 6 ohms
I have some numerical answers stored in my calculator, not sure which questions they match up to but they’re in order of the paper I think.
1.3 x 10^-6
1.18 x 10^-5
7.47 x 10^-14
8.95 x 10^8
6.86 x 10^-14
7.7x10^-3for drift velocity
in the capacitors question, did you have to find the emf or permittivity? I heard someone on twitter say that they thought it was permittivity but you were meant to find emf. May have gotten confused cos they have the same symbol. Does any1 remember?
I got Max resistance was high at around 8000 ish ohms can’t quite remember what on first 6 marker. Time period distance from start of rise to next start of rise. Therefore f =1/T. I think time taken to travel in the refraction question was 3.6x10^-10
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Agent007
in the capacitors question, did you have to find the emf or permittivity? I heard someone on twitter say that they thought it was permittivity but you were meant to find emf. May have gotten confused cos they have the same symbol. Does any1 remember?

Definitely permittivity. The follow up question was about permitivity
Original post by supalape

Thank the lord. Someone said emf and a was like daf? Image like 3-4 mark down the drain.

The actual question itself said permittivity experiment
yeet
Original post by Ihatescales
Max resistance was high at around 8000 ish ohms can’t quite remember what on first 6 marker. Time period distance from start of rise to next start of rise. Therefore f =1/T. I think time taken to travel in the refraction question was 3.6x10^-10

Yes that's what I got for the refraction one. You had to use the hypotenuse didn't you since it wasn't actually travelling directly downwards? Quite a lot for 2 marks though I thought...
Original post by Bulbasaur10
Yes that's what I got for the refraction one. You had to use the hypotenuse didn't you since it wasn't actually travelling directly downwards? Quite a lot for 2 marks though I thought...

Yeah. I only realised with 2 minutes left to go and speed calculated it hahaha. I originally had it in the original direction of the light, without considering the vertical component. The word depth was bolded so I just can’t read apparently
1500 ohms max resistance and 150 ohms minimum?
Original post by Ihatescales
Yeah. I only realised with 2 minutes left to go and speed calculated it hahaha. I originally had it in the original direction of the light, without considering the vertical component. The word depth was bolded so I just can’t read apparently

That must've been stressful, yikes! I still think some of the marks they have given for long-ish calculations so far this year have been a bit odd considering how many you would have got in the old spec. Even though they did bold it, it was at least three separate, albeit simple, calculations. Also, I hate scales too :biggrin: Unless I'm mistaken lol.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by MathsGod100

I got this, no idea where somebody else got 8000 from lmaooo

That's what I got I think. I'm a bit worried since all these answers are ringing a bell but on Monday I couldn't remember anything... And I didn't think it went too badly?? Maybe I just didn't have enough time to check and re-read them - which would have ingrained them into my memory.

yeet
What was the induced emf magnitudes?
Original post by lastminutestats

I got
ACCBAABADCDBACA .... ummm
I got this, no idea where somebody else got 8000 from lmaooo

I just used potentials divider equation, must have put something wrong in somewhere haha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending