The Student Room Group

OCR Unified Physics

Does anyone know how the hell to revise/prepare for this exam?
Reply 1
Always good to have a look at some past papers or specimen papers such as this one given by OCR

Also, Lewis on the A-Level Physics Online YouTube channel said he would be doing some live streams to help prepare I think, his channel is here

Hope this helps :smile:

Original post by d.j1999
Does anyone know how the hell to revise/prepare for this exam?
Reply 2
There isn't much you can do to truly prepare for this exam, hence why the grade boundaries are so low and the questions are soo difficult. Hopefully, your teacher has given you the papers they have access to for practice, such as the practice papers, and the 2017 paper is available online. In terms of revising for it, what I've done is made cue cards for each specification point, but I did them a while ago. This way I can shuffle them all together and go through them in a totally random order which helps me to jump between topics quickly.
Most importantly, make sure you know all your practicals, I noticed that the young modulus did not come up on the modelling paper, and magnetism wasn't very popular on the paper yesterday, so I'd highly recommend focusing on these topics as they are A. hard and B. perfect for the unified paper
Any past paper question is useful, so just keep going with past papers and if possible try the really really REALLY old ones as they are more similar in style to unified (apparently)
If you haven't got cue cards, it might be a good idea to make some "DIY past papers", so print off a bunch of old spec exams from all 4 of the old papers and cut them out, shuffle them up and do them like that, so you're jumping between topics like you'll have to on Thursday
Alternatively, mind maps that link topics together might be quite good! Look at the ones at the back of modules in the textbook and link each thing to something from a different module.
Personally, I'm going to save last years paper to Wednesday morning and do other old papers up to that point, and use my cue cards
Good luck on Thursday :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest