Really bad but I think I got some marks 18%
I think I failed 0%
I THINK I GOT A U2%
Total votes: 91
How did everyone find it?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I did Globalisation and Global Gov, Changing Places, and Population

I think the global gov one was okay, changing places was terrible, and population was on the better half (but I didn't manage to finish my 20 marker!! :frown: )
I did Global Systems and Global Governance, Changing Places and Contemporary Urban Environments

I thought that CUE was soooo good the 20 marker was what I was hoping for, changing places was good I thought but global governance was quite difficult.
Reply 3
Original post by thatgeographer
I did Global Systems and Global Governance, Changing Places and Contemporary Urban Environments

I thought that CUE was soooo good the 20 marker was what I was hoping for, changing places was good I thought but global governance was quite difficult.

I hated changing places. What did you talk about for the resource with the painting and pic and how the physical factors affect the character of place
Reply 4
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5409162
This is the poll for the physical paper by the way
I did Population as my option topic.

My answers to the 20-markers I have issues with. The first 20 marker I think I answered wrong, with my content containing tenuous links to what it was asking. The second 20-marker was rushed and slightly incoherent. The last 20-marker I am unsure on whether I put enough in or not. So that's a problem.

Elsewhere was OK. I successfully did the maths question but had no clue how to analyse the quartile range and all that; hopefully I picked up the marks I lost by not doing analysis for it by working the things out. I think I wrote too much for the first 9 marker on Population and not enough for the second! All in all, the two papers have been alright, even though I know now what I could have put in my answers to achieve higher marks - and I know that I should really not be complacent with timings (as I was in both, moreso in the Physical paper) .
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by zxcvbnm909
I hated changing places. What did you talk about for the resource with the painting and pic and how the physical factors affect the character of place

I thought that question was so good haha

I talked about the fact that it's a slate-mining village, you can see the built environment is predominantly constructed from slate = more rustic approach? Steeply sloping valleys either side isolate the village. As the local area is abundant in slate, it will mostly be miners and their families living in the village etc. Then of course I just critiqued the question by pointing out that as an artistic representation, the painting is probably inaccurate and subjective
I did Population and the Environment as my third section. Only part I really struggled with was, wait for it, the MCQs in that section. Everything else on it went pretty well in my opinion.

How did everybody else do in Resource Security/Contemporary Urban Environments?
Original post by Evilstr99
I did Population and the Environment as my third section. Only part I really struggled with was, wait for it, the MCQs in that section. Everything else on it went pretty well in my opinion.

How did everybody else do in Resource Security/Contemporary Urban Environments?

Yeah, I struggled on the MCQs too, as I did on my option topic on the first paper (Hazards). The key is not just seeing something that's right and automatically selecting that answer - you need to read every single possible answer in detail (i.e. the last MCQ, you would need to look at the stage numbers), although for some it's easy not to (as in the morbidity MCQ and the Malthusian MCQ).
Original post by Sycaphore
Yeah, I struggled on the MCQs too, as I did on my option topic on the first paper (Hazards). The key is not just seeing something that's right and automatically selecting that answer - you need to read every single possible answer in detail (i.e. the last MCQ, you would need to look at the stage numbers), although for some it's easy not to (as in the morbidity MCQ and the Malthusian MCQ).

Alright, since I definitely spent slightly more time on that segment than it was needed. Some of the questions on there required more thought. What did you put for both the Malthusian and the Demographic Dividend MCQ?
Original post by PomHill
I thought that question was so good haha

I talked about the fact that it's a slate-mining village, you can see the built environment is predominantly constructed from slate = more rustic approach? Steeply sloping valleys either side isolate the village. As the local area is abundant in slate, it will mostly be miners and their families living in the village etc. Then of course I just critiqued the question by pointing out that as an artistic representation, the painting is probably inaccurate and subjective

Same :smile:
Alright, since I definitely spent slightly more time on that segment than it was needed. Some of the questions on there required more thought. What did you put for both the Malthusian and the Demographic Dividend MCQ?

The Malthusian MCQ was option D, as it refers to famines ('checks' on the population). The Demographic Dividend MCQ I think I put option A, as it sounded about right (the answers were too similar, so I made sure to read the stage numbers). Hopefully I'm right!
Original post by Sycaphore
The Malthusian MCQ was option D, as it refers to famines ('checks' on the population). The Demographic Dividend MCQ I think I put option A, as it sounded about right (the answers were too similar, so I made sure to read the stage numbers). Hopefully I'm right!

Mhm. I also opted for Option D for the Malthusian Crises, though I was conflicted over what I put for the last MCQ. I had to spend some time considering this, I eliminated Stage 5 the instant I've read through that option since there would potentially be a greater dependant population than a working-age population. Unfortunately I forgot what I put xD
Mhm. I also opted for Option D for the Malthusian Crises, though I was conflicted over what I put for the last MCQ. I had to spend some time considering this, I eliminated Stage 5 the instant I've read through that option since there would potentially be a greater dependant population than a working-age population. Unfortunately I forgot what I put xD

Oh, well! It's only one mark in the end, and although it could make a difference we all know we've at least got coursework to lift us if things haven't gone that well exam-wise.
Reply 14

I think the answer was having a greater economically active population and lower dependent population, i think it was b or c?? but i believe it was stage 3/4
Original post by abs04
I think the answer was having a greater economically active population and lower dependent population, i think it was b or c?? but i believe it was stage 3/4

That is a good point, actually. I don't know if I actually changed my answer or not. Meh, it's only 1 mark. Nothing too big of a loss.
Does anyone know what the questions were for globalisation, changing places and contemporary Urban environments?
Original post by zxcvbnm909
I did Globalisation and Global Gov, Changing Places, and Population

I think the global gov one was okay, changing places was terrible, and population was on the better half (but I didn't manage to finish my 20 marker!! :frown: )

do you remember the questions?
Original post by thatgeographer

do you remember the 20 mark question for CUE by any chance
Reply 19
Mark scheme??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending