The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Is there anyone left on the waitlist because I'm confused... checked all my junk emails nothing there but also no phone calls and the deadline has passed... have I been forgotten ?!
Original post by Wannabegem
Is there anyone left on the waitlist because I'm confused... checked all my junk emails nothing there but also no phone calls and the deadline has passed... have I been forgotten ?!

Pretty sure that'll mean you're still on the waiting list. The latest offer they made last year was early Sept.
Reply 862
Original post by Wannabegem

I haven't had an email or phone call either. Giving up hope pretty quickly over here.
Original post by has27
I haven't had an email or phone call either. Giving up hope pretty quickly over here.

I imagine they hold X amount of individuals on the waiting lists until the students with conditional offers have received their degree results. Then cut most leaving 1 or 2 waiting to cover any freak incidents over the summer where someone has to defer or something. I wouldn't expect to hear anything until July now.
Wouldn't you think they'd send a polite email though to notify us that all the places have been firmed, but we are still on the list? I'd say keep the faith until Friday...
I think it's wishful thinking but fingers crossed you're right. It would be nice to have a bit of a heads up like they did in May...
Reply 866
Been stalking the GEM offer holder group on Facebook...The number of members have shot up in the last day or so. I’ve officially lost all hope now! I just feel like I’m waiting for this waitlist rejection email to turn up...😕
Reply 867
I've given up hope, am in the midst of applying to grad med abroad. I don't even care which country any more, just plonk me down somewhere I can afford and let me learn stuff. I'm absolutely terrified though.
This is absolutely horrific. I feel like my entire mental wellbeing depends on them calling me. I'm starting to prepare for the worst now and I'm usually such a positive person 😞
Reply 869
I just wish there was more clarity regarding the waitlist, or as was said earlier a polite message letting us all know that all 70 places have been firmed. If there’s no chance at all, I’d rather know so I can hopefully start planning for the next application cycle etc. As it stands, I could be hoping for something that will not happen! It’s so hard to keep faith.
Well I guess we won't be hearing from them after all 😢 I don't really know what to do now... what's everyone's plan? Do we just try and get on with our lives'? Do we start prepping for the GAMSAT again? Like what???
Reply 871
I think I’ll feel a bit better when I get the rejection email off the waitlist. Hopefully it comes this week. I think when I get that I can finally start to move on a little bit. We’ve all done so well to get this far! I’m going to start applying for some jobs soon maybe some more clinical work experience, get the dreaded feedback from the interview once I’m off the waitlist and plan for the next application cycle. It’s absolutely soul destroying.
I'm pretty sure we'll get our rejection emails the first week of July after most universities have released their results. So another few weeks yet. Try and stay positive and try and improve your application for next year. The feedback will be awful - 'close, but no cigar.'
Reply 873
Has anyone received the rejection email yet? It’s like a slow and painful death!
Hi everyone!I just got the call from Heidi yesterday offering me a place but I haven't been on these forums at all so far - is there an offer holders' whats app group or similar that anyone could point me to? I feel like I need to make friends and find somewhere to live! Hope you are all still thinking positive, got my fingers crossed for those left on the waiting list :smile:
Original post by MillyB91
Hi everyone!I just got the call from Heidi yesterday offering me a place but I haven't been on these forums at all so far - is there an offer holders' whats app group or similar that anyone could point me to? I feel like I need to make friends and find somewhere to live! Hope you are all still thinking positive, got my fingers crossed for those left on the waiting list :smile:

Hiya, I'm a current first year, welcome!

There should be an official Facebook group for your offer holder cohort run by MedSoc. A search on Facebook will probably turn it up.
Original post by Sapje321
Hiya, I'm a current first year, welcome!

There should be an official Facebook group for your offer holder cohort run by MedSoc. A search on Facebook will probably turn it up.

Yes I did a bit of digging and found the page, thank you :smile:

Hope you've had a great first year, looking forward to joining you in Swansea!
Anyone know if this has any bearing on september?

http://www.swansea.ac.uk/press-office/latest-news/expansionofmedicaleducationinwales.php

I've already been rejected off the waitlist, but will be re-applying next year, and wondered if anyone knew anything further about this
Reply 878
Original post by dandrew92
Anyone know if this has any bearing on september?

http://www.swansea.ac.uk/press-office/latest-news/expansionofmedicaleducationinwales.php

I've already been rejected off the waitlist, but will be re-applying next year, and wondered if anyone knew anything further about this

I think Swansea have been able to offer the further 20 places for study from September - I was lucky enough to be offered a place off the waiting list last week. There’s also been quite a few more people who have joined the GEM 2018 offer holder group in the last week so I think the funding is there.
Original post by TJ1024
I think Swansea have been able to offer the further 20 places for study from September - I was lucky enough to be offered a place off the waiting list last week. There’s also been quite a few more people who have joined the GEM 2018 offer holder group in the last week so I think the funding is there.

Massive Congrats!! Don’t know if anyone who was previously rejected off the waitlist has been offered a place do you? Probably being a bit too optimistic..

Latest

Trending

Trending