The Student Room Group

Manchester metropolitan or Lancaster university

Hi I have the offer from Lancaster university to study masters in HR and consulting but when I look at the industry reach of MMU and the dual qualifications masters in HRM and CIPD qualified ...I am getting confused..

Which one must I choose ,I have recently relocated to UK with tier 2 dependent visa ..With 5 years of experience in HR which course will be more suitable for me to get a job in UK...Old advise
Reply 1
Lancaster anyday!
Original post by Ananyaroy
Hi I have the offer from Lancaster university to study masters in HR and consulting but when I look at the industry reach of MMU and the dual qualifications masters in HRM and CIPD qualified ...I am getting confused..

Which one must I choose ,I have recently relocated to UK with tier 2 dependent visa ..With 5 years of experience in HR which course will be more suitable for me to get a job in UK...Old advise

Hi there,

Glad to hear you're considering Manchester Met! :smile: While Lancaster is an excellent university, some features and benefits of studying our MSc Human Resource Management with CIPD include:

You will receive an excellent grounding in all aspects of HR, developing your knowledge and practical skills, and focusing particularly on how a strategic approach to HR can add value to organisation

The Business School has a long-standing reputation for excellence in teaching human resource management to the CIPD standards. Our programme has been designed to provide an ideal foundation for your career in HRM/HRD or related fields

The Postgraduate Diploma level of this course meets the advanced professional standards set by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD), it is accredited by CIPD and gives full exemption from their level 7 Advanced Diploma in HRM. Upon successful completion of your qualification and depending on your relevant HR or development experience, you can then apply to upgrade to chartered membership. You can read more about chartered membership here: http://www.cipd.co.uk/membership/professional/chartered-member.aspx

You will be taught in the internationally recognised multi-award-winning Business School on All Saints Campus in central Manchester.

A human resources work experience placement is part of the course which provides an opportunity to conduct a live research project leading to your dissertation. Many students choose to research their dissertations in their placement organisation. Our placement team will help and support you in finding your placement, including CV and job/placement application and interview skills preparation. These skills are an excellent foundation to enhance your employability on completion of your studies.

A management skills/self-development residential is included in this course. This two-day event is included in the course fee and takes place early in term one.

We also host conferences, workshops and symposiums on a variety of HRM and HRD themes.

Manchester Met Business School hosts the Manchester Industrial Relations Society which runs frequent talks and debates by national recognised experts in the field. See www.mirs.org.uk/ for more information

Our programme is closely linked to the MMU Centre for People and Performance, which conducts independent research in partnership with a wide range of organisations, to explore the challenges of managing, leading and developing people to create sustainable high-performing organisations. Our experts deliver tailor-made solutions to organisational and sector-specific challenges and issues for a range of private and public sector clients and policy-makers. Many of the Centre for People and Performance staff teach on our HRM programmes.

Let us know if you have any questions regarding the course or life at MMU :smile:

Matt

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending