The Student Room Group

Geography A level Edexcel paper 2

How was the paper today? any preditctions from teachers, yourself.. on paper 2?
Original post by Izzy0410
How was the paper today? any preditctions from teachers, yourself.. on paper 2?

I really liked paper 1. Edexcel have been nice in the exams I have take so far. I don't know for paper 2 though. For paper 1, there was some overlap in the AS paper for coastal recession. So does anyone know what was in the AS paper 2? I am hoping for the 20 marker in regeneration it will be on rural regeneration. And the 20 marker in migration, sovereignty and identity, will be on how globalisation affects migration or sovereignty, or how migration contributes to soveriegnty/identity. Basically I want a link between them so there is more to write about. How did you find it?
Reply 2
Original post by ScienceWise2017
I really liked paper 1. Edexcel have been nice in the exams I have take so far. I don't know for paper 2 though. For paper 1, there was some overlap in the AS paper for coastal recession. So does anyone know what was in the AS paper 2? I am hoping for the 20 marker in regeneration it will be on rural regeneration. And the 20 marker in migration, sovereignty and identity, will be on how globalisation affects migration or sovereignty, or how migration contributes to soveriegnty/identity. Basically I want a link between them so there is more to write about. How did you find it?

Me too, the AS paper 2 was rural regeneration or urban i think but I dont know for migration. I really liked paper 1 but have completed so little revision for migration bc of other exams and the content is so huge! good luck!
I just hope the 20 markers are not on trade blocs or TNCs or anything like that! i hate Globalisation haha, i hope the 20 markers are on rural regeneration
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous1312
I just hope the 20 markers are not on trade blocs or TNCs or anything like that! i hate Globalisation haha, i hope the 20 markers are on rural regeneration

There would never be a 20 on Globalisation or superpowers only for Migration / human rights and Regeneration. the break down is 4 and 12 for globalisation and superpowers and then 3, 6, 8's and 20's for the last two topics so don't worry!
Reply 5
How did people find t
Original post by Jrt6790
How did people find t

Was quite vague in terms of links to the spec...

How about you?
Reply 7
Original post by Jrt6790
How did people find t

was quite obscure and difficult to link to the spec for sure , I think i got the right stuff in but yeah it was hard
Original post by Federer18
Was quite vague in terms of links to the spec...

How about you?

Yeah, not sure whether my case studies were right! Didn’t like the 12 marker with the BRICs table... not enough time to properly evaluate 😒
The 12 marker with the BRICs threw me off guard! the resource booklet was very vague, didn't like the question on UDHR at all
The 12 marker with the BRICs threw me off guard! the resource booklet was very vague, didn't like the question on UDHR at all

I agree, glad to hear I am not alone. I'm interested to see what paper3 is like in terms of resource booklet now...
I hope it's an easy one, could do with a smooth paper this time. Wish i did psychology instead! haha
I hope it's an easy one, could do with a smooth paper this time. Wish i did psychology instead! haha

Yeah I hope so too. The spec paper seemed okay so fingers crossed

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending