The Student Room Group

most embarassing exam moment?

mine was when the row next to me was dismissed so I got fed up of waiting (because I'm in the last row because of alphabetical order for literally every exam) and a invigilator saw me and told me to sit back down and not leave in front of a whole row of students with the guy behind me laughing :confused: another one was me and my friend came late to an exam and had to walk in with everyone already started their exam we were both ****ing it :facepalm: and when we got in a teacher asked us for our phones which my friend already gave her and I still had in my pocket and the teacher was shaking her head at us :/
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by justarosexo
mine was when the row next to me was dismissed so I got fed up of waiting (because I'm in the last row because of alphabetical order for literally every exam) and a invigilator saw me and told me to sit back down and not leave in front of a whole row of students with the guy behind me laughing

Snapping my pencil in half, amidst a tricky multiple choice question.
Reply 2
Original post by TastyChicken
Snapping my pencil in half, amidst a tricky multiple choice question.

which is why you take 2 pencils with you :wink: jks I don't even take 1 lmao
which is why you take 2 pencils with you :wink: jks I don't even take 1 lmao

I did have another one, in fact I had three, due to my tendency of exerting too much force on them. Never happened in an exam though, my friend next to me almost caused me to burst out in laughter.
Reply 4
I did have another one, in fact I had three, due to my tendency of exerting too much force on them. Never happened in an exam though, my friend next to me almost caused me to burst out in laughter.

just realised but don't you have to answer questions in black pen not pencil?? and sorry but that would be funny to watch..
This wasn’t embarrassing for me but there was a guy sat in front of me during one of those end of unit tests in maths and he had some anger problems or something. Anyways, he must’ve been struggling with a question and he got so annoyed that he swung his body backwards and his head slammed against my desk.

Another time, we were doing a history test and he was on the other side of the room. His pen ran out of ink so he ended up pestering the guy in front of him for a pen. The other guy kept ignoring him and getting on with his own test (presumably didn’t wanna get caught) so he got annoyed and got up and started hitting the guy. Apparently he tried to bite his ear too.

This guy was really weird and had quite a few problems so I felt sorry for him. He wasn’t exactly the biggest kid in school either. In fact, I would say he was more anorexic than anything, but some of the things he did were really weird.
Reply 6
Someone in one of my GCSE exams last year broke his chair when he went to sit down and the entire exam hall watched an invigilator walk across the exam hall with two seperate parts of a chair and another invigilator bring in a new chair, was pretty difficult not to laugh but I really feel for the guy
just realised but don't you have to answer questions in black pen not pencil?? and sorry but that would be funny to watch..

It was IGCSE multiple choice economics, I always used a pencil to mark my answers in the question paper, additionally it was also required to use a pencil for the answer booklet.
Reply 8
Original post by ShishaSmoker
This wasn’t embarrassing for me but there was a guy sat in front of me during one of those end of unit tests in maths and he had some anger problems or something. Anyways, he must’ve been struggling with a question and he got so annoyed that he swung his body backwards and his head slammed against my desk.

Another time, we were doing a history test and he was on the other side of the room. His pen ran out of ink so he ended up pestering the guy in front of him for a pen. The other guy kept ignoring him and getting on with his own test (presumably didn’t wanna get caught) so he got annoyed and got up and started hitting the guy. Apparently he tried to bite his ear too.

This guy was really weird and had quite a few problems so I felt sorry for him. He wasn’t exactly the biggest kid in school either. In fact, I would say he was more anorexic than anything, but some of the things he did were really weird.

people like that are annoying tho, wana get themself disqualified and others too, I got people like that who keep whistling in the exams but luckily they knew it was them and my head of year spoke to them
Reply 9
Original post by TJS83
Someone in one of my GCSE exams last year broke his chair when he went to sit down and the entire exam hall watched an invigilator walk across the exam hall with two seperate parts of a chair and another invigilator bring in a new chair, was pretty difficult not to laugh but I really feel for the guy

that would be so embarassing omdss we don't have breakable chairs tho thank goodness
It was IGCSE multiple choice economics, I always used a pencil to mark my answers in the question paper, additionally it was also required to use a pencil for the answer booklet.

ohh right I'm doing gcses aha sorry :facepalm:
My calculator, which I had only bought 3 days ago specifically for the end of years as my old one had started to break, stops working suddenly... 8 MINUTES INTO THE BLOODY MATHS EXAM. Had to borrow off someone from another year who was doing their English (we do ours with half of a class from 1 year group and half a class from another year group in a classroom at once)
(edited 5 years ago)
mine was that i had a end of year class assembly and my dad came to watch me
i was dressed up fully - like a lil bit make up - hair out - everything
and I FORGOT MY LINES - ALL OF THEM - i STOOD IN THE MIDDLE LOOKING AT EVERYTONE FOR 5 WHOLE MINUTES FGS

I WAS CRYING SFM
and my eye liner was all over my face fgs
and the deputy head came up to me and told me it was okay -
AND MY DAD WAS SO EMBARRASED
AND MY SISTER WAS WATCHING AS THE WHOLE SCHOOL WATCHES RIGHT - AND ALL HER FRIENDS KNEW I WAS HER SISTER AND THEY KEPT LOOKING AND ASKING HER WHATS WRONG WITH ME

AND THEN AFTER EVERYONE BLAMED ME FOR RUINING THE PLAY - VERY EMBARRASING MOMENT
ohh right I'm doing gcses aha sorry :facepalm:

It was especially funny, in regrads to the question I was stuck on. It was a demand and supply question and I was infamous for getting the two curves mixed up. Didnt mean to snap my pencil though. I also wasnt struggling, in fact I got an A*, so it was just a bit too much forc3 Had been going to the gym too much I guess.
Original post by Neverspark7776
My calculator, which I had only bought 3 days ago specifically for the end of years as my old one had started to break, stops working suddenly... 8 MINUTES INTO THE BLOODY MATHS EXAM. Had to borrow off someone from another year who was doing their English (we do ours with half of a class from 1 year group and half a class from another year group in a classroom at once)

happened to me but in a mock.. asked them for a calculator and even that wasn't working so I awkwardly had to put my hand up again and wait for them to bring one
thinking my fart was gonna be silent....
Original post by AelinSardothein
mine was that i had a end of year class assembly and my dad came to watch me
i was dressed up fully - like a lil bit make up - hair out - everything
and I FORGOT MY LINES - ALL OF THEM - i STOOD IN THE MIDDLE LOOKING AT EVERYTONE FOR 5 WHOLE MINUTES FGS

I WAS CRYING SFM
and my eye liner was all over my face fgs
and the deputy head came up to me and told me it was okay -
AND MY DAD WAS SO EMBARRASED
AND MY SISTER WAS WATCHING AS THE WHOLE SCHOOL WATCHES RIGHT - AND ALL HER FRIENDS KNEW I WAS HER SISTER AND THEY KEPT LOOKING AND ASKING HER WHATS WRONG WITH ME

AND THEN AFTER EVERYONE BLAMED ME FOR RUINING THE PLAY - VERY EMBARRASING MOMENT

aww haha its ok, should've made up something on the spot :biggrin:
aww haha its ok, should've made up something on the spot :biggrin:

i couldnt' i was like 9 only - was in year 4
- i didn;t have a brain

oh wait i still dont
oops hehe
Original post by ben288888
thinking my fart was gonna be silent....

Oh dear lord, bet that got the adrenaline flowing.
It was especially funny, in regrads to the question I was stuck on. It was a demand and supply question and I was infamous for getting the two curves mixed up. Didnt mean to snap my pencil though. I also wasnt struggling, in fact I got an A*, so it was just a bit too much forc3 Had been going to the gym too much I guess.

jus reminded me of something. for my art exam I had to make a book cover on a canvas (it turned out better than I expected) and I left the title till the end to trace. Me being me didn't practice tracing onto a canvas before as my teacher originally told me to project a title onto it and draw it on but then last minute told me to go with the tracing paper method. While I was nervous with 15 mins to go, I lifted the tracing paper and it was too faint for me to see or go over. I decided to try making holes in the tracing paper so it would easily transfer, and BAM. Created a hole in the canvas. My teacher walked past asking me if I'm okay, and I showed her the hole. With invigilators present, she told me "keep going". Luckily I did my best to draw the title lettering over it so it isn't that noticeable but jhez I was about to cry lmao

Quick Reply

Latest