The Student Room Group

most embarassing exam moment?

Scroll to see replies

Accidentally opening my maths paper 1, and immediately then shutting it and having have to pretend i was brushing some dirt from underneath it :wink: xD DIDN'T GET CAUGHT AT ALL. XDDD
Original post by TastyChicken
Snapping my pencil in half, amidst a tricky multiple choice question.

I think that would be more funny than embarrassing though.
Original post by tasminbrooks
its not really embarrassing but every time i cough, sneeze, blow my nose or take my shoes off the invigilator glares at me

Maybe they're suspecting you could be doing sneeze code or something. 😁
Original post by Kai's Wife
I cheated in one of my literature exams, and I still ended up retaking it
biggest L I've taken :rofl:

Technically karma.
I was in my GCSE Chemistry exam and I had a set of brand new HB pencils that I bought for my exams. However, I’d been using the old half-eaten, blunt leaded, chewed-off-rubber pencils that school provided so I wasn’t used to A) the length of the pencil B) the weight of the rubber. I was in the middle of drawing a line on a graph and I flicked my pencil towards my face to think. However, due to the heavier-than-I expected rubber end, the pencil flipped out of my hand, flew above my head and landed, rather spectacularly, on the student’s desk behind me. I froze because I thought if anyone had seen it, I’d be thrown out for cheating (not sure why I thought that because throwing a pencil isn’t exactly master-level cheating). Anyway, the kid behind me came over to me after the exam, laughing and gave my pencil back. I apologised to them and they told me not to worry. Such an embarrassing moment. I was more careful with my pencils from that day forth.... 😂
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 45
I forgot my calculator in my maths paper and forgot to get one from the classroom. Had to walk all the way around the school because I wasn't sure if the outer doors were locked. Ended up 10 mins late so everyone was working.
Original post by justarosexo
I'm sure everyones too nervous to notice dw just forget it ever happened :h:

My friend was sat behind me so we laughed about it after I don’t think anyone seen
take your shoes of??? :rofl3:but yea they love staring and it is really awkward making eye contact with them when they are :/

yeah - don't u take ur shoes off ?
Original post by Iahmed512
Maybe they're suspecting you could be doing sneeze code or something. 😁

tbf that's probs a thing lol
jus reminded me of something. for my art exam I had to make a book cover on a canvas (it turned out better than I expected) and I left the title till the end to trace. Me being me didn't practice tracing onto a canvas before as my teacher originally told me to project a title onto it and draw it on but then last minute told me to go with the tracing paper method. While I was nervous with 15 mins to go, I lifted the tracing paper and it was too faint for me to see or go over. I decided to try making holes in the tracing paper so it would easily transfer, and BAM. Created a hole in the canvas. My teacher walked past asking me if I'm okay, and I showed her the hole. With invigilators present, she told me "keep going". Luckily I did my best to draw the title lettering over it so it isn't that noticeable but jhez I was about to cry lmao

I've spilled paint over every single art exam I've ever done, not good
a guy wrote with a blue pen for maths or english paper 1 .
I have a weird last name that gets pronounced really wrong in front of everyone for each exam
Original post by Midokul
a guy wrote with a blue pen for maths or english paper 1 .

There's a possibility It might not get marked then
Original post by yeet010
I have a weird last name that gets pronounced really wrong in front of everyone for each exam

Why do they need to say names for an exam?
Why do they need to say names for an exam?

We all have to line up on the playground and our head of year calls our name out in seat order
Then they tape a photo of you to the place you sit, which sucks considering they tell me off whenever I turn it over
do these invigilators not have feelings or summit are they not human :rofl3:cauz they certainly dont act like it

HAHAHAHAHA yep ! :rofl3: :rofl:
people like that are annoying tho, wana get themself disqualified and others too, I got people like that who keep whistling in the exams but luckily they knew it was them and my head of year spoke to them

I have another guy at uni who has a habit of talking to themselves. It’s so distracting.
Technically karma.

truee :colondollar:
Reply 58
Compared to these it’s not that embarrassing but I was trying to think and was twiddling my pen around but then I accidentally let go and threw my pen across the room almost hitting the person on the row beside me. All you could hear was the pen hitting the floor. At least since it was exam conditions no-one could turn around and look.
Mine was when the girl in front of me asked an invigilator walking past for help and he ignored her and kept walking... to which we both responded by bursting out with laughter and crying with real tears ... it was English and I spent 20 minutes not writing anything because I was laughing too hard... everyone around us hated us

Quick Reply

Latest