The Student Room Group

I need help answering the harder physics equation questions in gcse

What is the best way to answer the grade 9 physics equation questions in GCSE
you need to memorise all the formulas and learn how to combine 2 together. for example there was a question where you needed to use gravitational potential energy and kinetic energy formula.
Original post by aidanwilletts
What is the best way to answer the grade 9 physics equation questions in GCSE

The way I usually do it is write down what I know from the question, and what needs to be worked out ie the units of the answer. Then try and work out a path using the stuff you know to get to the answer. Memorising equations is very important, obviously, but practice also helps to make what the goal is more obvious.
I would also remember to make sure you check the units that you're given.

For example: The standard unit of mass is in kilograms but you might be given the mass of an object in grams; you would need to convert from grams to kilograms.

The only other piece of advice I could give you is to practice those questions. You're almost guaranteed to get a 5/6 mark question at the back of the paper asking you to combine two different equations just because you are missing one value in the equation you would want to work out. They're annoying but a great way to pick up marks. (Remember: even if you don't complete the whole question, you may gain marks for the workings that you did do!)

Hope it goes well! :smile:
Reply 4
write all the equations down on the physics equation sheet you get given

Quick Reply

Latest