The Student Room Group

GCSE EDEXCEL 2018 9-1 Predicted Grade Boundaries (Higher).

9 - 196 8 - 170 7 - 135 6 - 104 5 - 74 4 - 46 Edit: This is for Maths. Changed mark for a 9; it seemed a bit too high :tongue:
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
What subject is this for?
All Sciences? (Triple - Higher)
Reply 3
It's for maths
Reply 4
seems decent, i would say it would be slightly lower for the grade 8
Reply 5
Original post by xtemi_x
It's for maths

It is for maths
We’ve only sat one paper, how can you predict the boundaries?
Reply 7
Original post by OhSoLucky
9 - 203 8 - 170 7 - 135 6 - 104 5 - 74 4 - 46 EDIT: This is for maths. :smile:

Maybe a touch bit lower for each maybe by 4 marks
Reply 8
9 - 203 8 - 170 7 - 135 6 - 104 5 - 74 4 - 46 EDIT: This is for maths. :smile:

Original post by Toastiekid
We’ve only sat one paper, how can you predict the boundaries?

This is based of last years grade boundaries. Because a high majority of people found the test easy i raised the grade boundaries by a percentage. I will continue to alter them depending on the futher two tests. :smile:
This is based of last years grade boundaries. Because a high majority of people found the test easy i raised the grade boundaries by a percentage. I will continue to alter them depending on the futher two tests. :smile:

ah ok:thumbsup: out of interest did you take the November grade boundaries into account?
Good luck with the other two:hugs:
Reply 10
Original post by Toastiekid
ah ok:thumbsup: out of interest did you take the November grade boundaries into account?
Good luck with the other two:hugs:

No i didn't take the november GB into account. Thanks for the wishes, good luck to you too!
No i didn't take the november GB into account. Thanks for the wishes, good luck to you too!

ah well the higher ones were pretty similar from when I checked (not sure about the lower grades:dontknow:)
I think the grade boundary for a 7 is quite high to be honest- it probably be around 158 because I think last year it was about 140 for a 7 so we probably wouldn't do that much better than them overall.
9 - 203 8 - 170 7 - 135 6 - 104 5 - 74 4 - 46 Edit: This is for Maths.

The amount of marks for grade 9 or 8 cant go over 20 marks IMO we just sat paper 2
you mean 200?

Original post by PhilDanthropist
The amount of marks for grade 9 or 8 cant go over 20 marks IMO we just sat paper 2
Lol our predictions are exactly the same
I think 210 for a 9, 180 for an 8 and 155 for 7- the exams were easier but lol I wanted an 8 and have averaged just over 100 marks for both papers around 105 so I will end up getting a 7 or something. Do you think these boundaries are too high or low? LET me know!
Original post by Madiosss23
I think 210 for a 9, 180 for an 8 and 155 for 7- the exams were easier but lol I wanted an 8 and have averaged just over 100 marks for both papers around 105 so I will end up getting a 7 or something. Do you think these boundaries are too high or low? LET me know!

Those grade boundaries are way too high. Last year it was 124 marks to get a grade 7 so there is no way the grade boundaries will increase by 30 marks. The grade boundaries should be quite similar to last year considering this is only the second year of the 9-1 education. The highest increase in grade boundaries in my opinion will be by 10 marks.
Original post by CheekyBanterBus
Those grade boundaries are way too high. Last year it was 124 marks to get a grade 7 so there is no way the grade boundaries will increase by 30 marks. The grade boundaries should be quite similar to last year considering this is only the second year of the 9-1 education. The highest increase in grade boundaries in my opinion will be by 10 marks.

Hmm maybe but I have to be honest it was too easy, not meaning I did well, I be gotten 105 marks from two papers which is poor in my opinion. They will and I am afraid increase those boundaries by 20-30 marks. It just makes more sense
Original post by Madiosss23
Hmm maybe but I have to be honest it was too easy, not meaning I did well, I be gotten 105 marks from two papers which is poor in my opinion. They will and I am afraid increase those boundaries by 20-30 marks. It just makes more sense

Tbh I’m really scared because I need a 7 as a minimum and I got like 53 marks in P1 and 43 in P2 based on the unofficial mark schemes. So I hope the boundary for a 7 is reasonable.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending