The Student Room Group

Is anyone else doing OCR History A level?

I can't find a thread for it. I'm doing Russia 1894-1941, Britain 1930-1997 and Rebellion and Disorder under the Tudors.
I'm also screwed for the coursework but that's another story :biggrin:
Original post by GoodGirlFaith
I can't find a thread for it. I'm doing Russia 1894-1941, Britain 1930-1997 and Rebellion and Disorder under the Tudors.

Are you year 12 or 13?
Have you bought any revision books yet?

You just need to do enough reading, comprehension and then application.
Its the skill at application that helps you deal with the exams, but the reading and note making give you the ammunition to score.
Reply 2
we're doing the exact same units! how did u find the first tudor paper??
Original post by Eniola23
we're doing the exact same units! how did u find the first tudor paper??

This is going to sound a bit weird but I recognise your name and I think we go to the same school :smile: I thought the tudors went quite well, there was a good choice of questions.
Reply 4
hey is this christina? :wink:
Original post by Eniola23
hey is this christina? :wink:

Yes 😂
Reply 6

Hi what were the Russia questions on?
I do this course, has anyone got an example piece of coursework i can read to help get some guidance or any tips in general
Original post by ANNA556
Hi what were the Russia questions on?

I did question 2 which was a 10 marker on whether stolypin or witte had a bigger impact on the economy and the 20 marker was about whether stalin's role as general secretary was the most important reason for him becoming leader. I don't know the exact questions for question 1 but it was something to do with the nep and the provisional government.
I'm staring it next year for as & I'm doing Britain, 1930-1997 and The French Revolution and rule of Napoleon, 1774-1815.

how do you find it? what are the as exams like?
Reply 10
I did question 2 which was a 10 marker on whether stolypin or witte had a bigger impact on the economy and the 20 marker was about whether stalin's role as general secretary was the most important reason for him becoming leader. I don't know the exact questions for question 1 but it was something to do with the nep and the provisional government.

Ok thanks
I'm in first year doing this course and my teacher has proven to be pretty rubbish. I have my mocks soon and she's never really gone through how to answer exam questions.
What structure do you use for the 10 and 20 markers?
Reply 11
I'm doing the same period in Russia, also doing USA Civil Rights and late Tudors.
Original post by Sinnoh
I'm doing the same period in Russia, also doing USA Civil Rights and late Tudors.

Hey, I'm also studying Russia 1894-1941 + The Late Tudors!

Did you complete the A-Level back in June, or are you in Year 13 at the moment?

I'm self studying so looking for all the help, resources and discussions I can get. :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by FloralHybrid
Hey, I'm also studying Russia 1894-1941 + The Late Tudors!

Did you complete the A-Level back in June, or are you in Year 13 at the moment?

I'm self studying so looking for all the help, resources and discussions I can get. :smile:

I'm in year 13 now, meant to be doing my coursework around this time but I haven't... :redface:
Original post by Sinnoh
I'm in year 13 now, meant to be doing my coursework around this time but I haven't... :redface:

Whereas I’ve been using my coursework as a productive tool while putting off my essays and exam content 😂

Ours is the holocaust and Hitler’s responsibility, we don’t get to pick the question 😬 How about you?
Reply 15

Nearly the same as myself but I'm doing Tudor Foreign Policy and not Disorder under the Tudors. :smile: Currently in Year 13 btw.
Reply 16
Whereas I’ve been using my coursework as a productive tool while putting off my essays and exam content 😂

Ours is the holocaust and Hitler’s responsibility, we don’t get to pick the question 😬 How about you?

We got to choose from a list of either the Tudors or Russia, I went with "to what extent was the October revolution of 1917 a Bolshevik coup?"
Pretty good because this is such a polarising topic.
Original post by Sinnoh
We got to choose from a list of either the Tudors or Russia, I went with "to what extent was the October revolution of 1917 a Bolshevik coup?"
Pretty good because this is such a polarising topic.

I really like the system of allowing you to choose from the topics what you study what you’ll research (id have gone with something from Russian history also!) - Although we were told explicitly that the topic for our coursework couldn’t be one that overlapped with the set topics for our exams, which is strange as it’s the same exam board 🤔
Reply 18
I really like the system of allowing you to choose from the topics what you study what you’ll research (id have gone with something from Russian history also!) - Although we were told explicitly that the topic for our coursework couldn’t be one that overlapped with the set topics for our exams, which is strange as it’s the same exam board 🤔

Well we can't do ours on civil rights..

Is this for the ocr a level paper 2018

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending