The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 Mathematics: Further Pure FP3 6669 01 - 25 June 2018 [Exam Discussion]

This poll is closed

How did you find the 2018 Edexcel FP3 exam?

Amazing! :woo: 12%
Good :H 17%
Okay :bebored: 19%
Bad :cry2: 28%
HORRIBLE PAPER!! :@23%
Total votes: 155

Edexcel A Level (Further) Maths Discussion Thread - 2018 Edition

Hey guys, I thought I'd make this niiiiiice and early so we can all share how we're preparing for our Maths exams this year?

Further Pure 3
Date: Monday 25th June 2018
Time: Morning
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Days to go?: 1 :crazy:

Probably the most important way to prepare for maths is to do plenty of past papers! You can find all Edexcel Maths past papers [url="http://qualifications.pearson.com/en/support/support-topics/exams/past-papers.html?Qualification-Family=A-Level&Qualification-Subject=Mathematics%20(2008)&Status=Pearson-UK:Status%2FLive&Specification-Code=Pearson-UK[excludedFace]s-smilie[/excludedFace]pecification-Code%2F9371"]here.

Also, Physics & Maths Tutor has some good resources for revision - everything from revision notes to questions on specific topics. Materials for FP3 can be found here.

Good luck with the preparations everyone, let the countdown commence!

Other Edexcel Exam Threads:
Edexcel AS Core Maths C1
Edexcel AS Core Maths C2
Edexcel A2 Core Maths C3
Edexcel A2 Core Maths C4
Edexcel AS Mechanics M1
Edexcel A2 Mechanics M2
Edexcel AS Statistics S1
Edexcel A2 Statistics S2
Edexcel AS Decision Maths D1
Edexcel A2 Decision Maths D2
Edexcel AS Further Pure FP1
Edexcel A2 Further Pure FP2
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Doing this too xD
anyone else doing this
🙌🙌🙌
i think i'm gonna fail fp3 lmao fp2 was nice tho
Reply 5
:yay:
anyone got good notes for revision??
how are you all revising?
Original post by kunalkishanmehta
how are you all revising?

I’m gonna start revising from the 15th, I’ve got 3 exams this week.
I will try and complete all the past papers from 2009 including IAL, did this for FP2 and it payed off.
But before I start doing past papers Ill try and watch examsolutions for any topics I find hard.

Hope FP2 went well for you, how are you revising?
Original post by bluesunboy
I’m gonna start revising from the 15th, I’ve got 3 exams this week.
I will try and complete all the past papers from 2009 including IAL, did this for FP2 and it payed off.
But before I start doing past papers Ill try and watch examsolutions for any topics I find hard.

Hope FP2 went well for you, how are you revising?

well, I started revising this week. I have c34 next week and s2 the same day as F3 o revising for all slowly. I am doing topic questions from physics and maths tutor and then hopefully by the end of the week I can finish that for all the chapters then I will move on to past papers and do as much as I can starting with IAL as I am doing IAL F3.
I am also watching videos on exam solutions but there aren't videos for all topics which is kinda annoying.
F2(IAL) was a lengthy paper so I didn't get time to recheck my paper so I am just relying on me not making silly mistakes, which if I didn't it went well. I may post a few questions in a few days because vectors and reduction formulae are few those topics I am really struggling with.
Good luck with your exams and revision
I'm worried about some topics negl
Original post by Shadow~
I'm worried about some topics negl

I am worried about a lot of topics
I just want atleast a B in this and hopefully my other modules will bring up my grade to an A* or A
Original post by kunalkishanmehta
anyone got good notes for revision??

just papers I guess
Reply 14
i'll be decreasing the grade boundaries for everyone #you'rewelcomeinadvance
rip me
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 16
http://pmt.physicsandmathstutor.com/...%20Edexcel.pdf

could someone help me in 8c) of this fp3?
Quite confused with what the markscheme is doing!
thanks!
Original post by ndk123
http://pmt.physicsandmathstutor.com/...%20Edexcel.pdf

could someone help me in 8c) of this fp3?
Quite confused with what the markscheme is doing!
thanks!

The equations of the line going through the midpoints of the chords is going to have the equation y=mx+c obviously. Its going to intersect the ellipse too, in two positions. Therefore you can sub it into x^2+4y^2=4 and then solve for x (finding x in terms of m and c), then you can rearrange to get c in terms of x and m. Then sub back into original y=mx+c and write y as f(x) in terms of m... does that make sense? Lol sorry if it didnt
After the cake walk of an FP2 we had I'm interested in what this is going to be like. FP3 is a hit or miss for me, I'll get either all the questions really neatly answered or get stuck and scribble out my answer for the first one three times.
Good luck to everyone and I hope for us all that the reduction formula question is a simple one.
Reply 19
What's the hardest FP3 paper?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending