The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lozzylouise
Same, I was predicted an 8 and I messed both papers up ☹️

I just hope they give us sympathy marks😂
Original post by Beth286

If this many people have messed up we are looking at pretty low grade boundaries anyway, let’s just hope 😂
Original post by Lozzylouise
If this many people have messed up we are looking at pretty low grade boundaries anyway, let’s just hope 😂

Yeah I guess, and most people have the ‘you can’t revise for English language’ attitude so hopefully everyone’s worked together for the low grade boundaries haha😂
Original post by Humayun786
can you let me know what they say please

This is what they sent:
Paper 2 Question 3 Will students automatically get 0 marks if they refer to the wrong source?

No - students may be able to access some marks in this scenario. Examiners apply a best-fit approach.

We will reward where we can based on the skills demonstrated in the response but they wouldn't have used appropriate textual detail so it is unlikely they could advance beyond level 2 in the mark scheme.

If you require any further information please do not hesitate to contact us.
Original post by Coolibah
This is what they sent:
Paper 2 Question 3 Will students automatically get 0 marks if they refer to the wrong source?

No - students may be able to access some marks in this scenario. Examiners apply a best-fit approach.

We will reward where we can based on the skills demonstrated in the response but they wouldn't have used appropriate textual detail so it is unlikely they could advance beyond level 2 in the mark scheme.

That's good. I had no idea you could even contact AQA about that sort of thing.
Wait this may be a little off topic but I accidently answerd question 3 on a bit of question 2 (so the end part of questionext is on question 2 bit) I made it clear, but what would happen? Would they discard it or answer it with the real question?
Hey I have made that same mistake this year thinking it would be Source B as they always ask for it instead of Source A. That is a relief to hear this after experiencing that, do you think it would still apply this year? Also how was your results because i’m i might fail now :/
Original post by Coolibah
This is what they sent:

Hey I made the same mistake this year... i saw the messages below that they said they will mark it but cap it at L2. How was your results? & fo you think they’ll do the same this year?
Original post by Beth286
Original post by xelle_d
Hey I made the same mistake this year... i saw the messages below that they said they will mark it but cap it at L2. How was your results? & fo you think they’ll do the same this year?

Hi, I wasn’t the OP but the same rules should apply to this year, might be worth emailing to check anyway though 😊
Oh i see! Sorry i made that mistake. Yes, hopefully and thank you i’ll do that :smile:
You get the lower end of the level you reached mark wise
Okay so say if the analysis was Level 3, you will get the bottom marks of that because of your analysis but because it was on the wrong source you drop to the bottom ? High L3: 9 marks but instead you’ll get 7. Also how do you know this? Thanks :smile:

Original post by KellyT24
You get the lower end of the level you reached mark wise
november resits?
Reply 53
Original post by Lana21
Maybe you will get some marks if the points you put were similar to the points you would put for answering source B

I did the same thing this year🤦🏿*♂️😭literally crying . I really want a 7. Do you mind me asking what did you do and what grade did u end up getting
Reply 54
Original post by xelle_d
Hey I have made that same mistake this year thinking it would be Source B as they always ask for it instead of Source A. That is a relief to hear this after experiencing that, do you think it would still apply this year? Also how was your results because i’m i might fail now :/

O my gosh. I did the same thing this year aswell. I was literally crying. Tried contacting everyone but the didn’t answer. Have you been able to get through to anyone
Yeah i only know like 1 other person who has the mistake... dw i was too before my biology, but i calmed down because at the end of the day you can’t change anything & it’s 12/160 marks. I haven’t had a chance to send an email yet, i think i’ll send one after this, but the other person that made this mistake did & they said that they will award marks for analysis but less for not having the right textual detail.
This is the reply someone else has gotten regarding this year’s paper from AQA:

‘I'm sorry to hear about what happened in your exam. Be assured that for question 3 marks are awarded based on the skills demonstrated in the response but more are awarded for appropriate textual detail. You would not be marked 0 for writing about the wrong source.’

Original post by VIkegvgg
O my gosh. I did the same thing this year aswell. I was literally crying. Tried contacting everyone but the didn’t answer. Have you been able to get through to anyone
Hi just wanted to update you that I’ve gotten a reply, the email from AQA says the following:

Please don't worry, you'll still be able to access some marks if you've used the wrong source for your answer. Our examiners mark positively and will look to credit you for the skills that you've demonstrated in your writing.

However, you won't be able to access the full range of marks as you won't have used the specified source.
Reply 58
I did exactly that today help
Original post by S.M 06
I did exactly that today help

So did I, a few of my friends did it as well. I noticed after I had written it and wrote on the top sorry I wrote on the wrong source. Spoke to my teacher who said it will be capped at half marks. Feel so sad and stupid.

Latest

Trending

Trending