The Student Room Group

which gcse option would you have liked to pick

i really regret not picking geography/history- after learning about what my friends were revising for them, they both seemed really interesting subjects. also humanities subjects just look good on applications to colleges/unis. if you were able to pick another subject which would you pick?

Scroll to see replies

i regret picking geography AND history, our school also makes us do RE and DT aswell. I also do triple science
Original post by RainDancess
i regret picking geography AND history, our school also makes us do RE and DT aswell. I also do triple science

rip, id hate to do DT
Trust me if you had picked both geography and history, you would have regretted it like mad, it might seem interesting and tbh it is but when you are revising for core subjects and still have all of the content to go over it is just a waste of time.
Original post by arsenal4ever1234
Trust me if you had picked both geography and history, you would have regretted it like mad, it might seem interesting and tbh it is but when you are revising for core subjects and still have all of the content to go over it is just a waste of time.

I wouldn’t do both, just one of them, I understand what you mean tho :smile:
I wish my school had offered astronomy instead of art!
Original post by lydiarutharnold
rip, id hate to do DT

yh resistant materials is a ****. its a day before m physics exam also which is probably my most important. **** dt
wish my **** school offered economics
id drop spanish if ik how **** itd be

yep i do
Reply 9
yh resistant materials is a ****. its a day before m physics exam also which is probably my most important. **** dt

Yh same i do to Dt to if you have any revision material wanna share it.
yep i do

Only 1 geography left though so there is hope for us:smile:
Original post by Zaspo
Yh same i do to Dt to if you have any revision material wanna share it.

i have the revision guide and honestly my project was a c i cant even be bothered to try for the exam havent looked at the pre release yet
id have loved to do astronomy but my school didnt do it when i chose my options :frown:
and i completely regret taking history, id have much preferred geography as its a less essay based subject
Only 1 geography left though so there is hope for us:smile:

yh do u think u could send me some resources on it if u have done any like i have not prepared at all
Reply 14
i have the revision guide and honestly my project was a c i cant even be bothered to try for the exam havent looked at the pre release yet

What your coffee table got a c.
yh do u think u could send me some resources on it if u have done any like i have not prepared at all

Sorry, i wish I could but I am the same as you, I have not even started yet and am still finishing biology.
Sorry, i wish I could but I am the same as you, I have not even started yet and am still finishing biology.

^me
One of my choices was Moving Image Art but I was told it wouldn't fit into the schedule and I'm allowed to do it for A Level anyway.
I think I would choose food tech. I love baking and cooking and I think the knowledge I would have gained would be so useful to me now.
Wish I hadn't done geography or business. Business because it looks so unimpressive and it's a bit of a waste of time in my opinion. Geography because the geography department at school are so weak and I don't think I'll end up doing well on it at all because the teaching is so bad

Quick Reply

Latest