The Student Room Group

Edexcel Government and Politics A2 - Unit 3A and Unit 4A

Hi, I am studying Units 3A and Unit 4A otherwise known as UK and European Political Issues. The problem I have is that the textbook is horribly out of date, which does cause problems when trying to learn it. After searching the internet, I failed to find any Revision guides for these units (by MyRevisionNotes or any other company) or any annual update similar to what was done at AS.

Does anyone know of any revision guides or annual updates for these units? Or can anyone confirm my suspicions that they couldn't be bother to make any resources for these units?
im in the same position. Have you found any revision notes yet??
Does anyone know the most effective way to revise and make sure the knowledge stays in because there is so much content!
Reply 3
Original post by Daniiii1234
Does anyone know the most effective way to revise and make sure the knowledge stays in because there is so much content!

Flashcards, trust me they work fantastically, try and made 75 evidence flashcards and 25 argument flashcards from the book and online then memorise them for each unit and you'll do great. Worked for me in AS Politics and memorising them for next week too.
Did you make flashcards for 3A? And do you have any 3A resources you can share or online websites that are good?

Original post by Red Dawn
Flashcards, trust me they work fantastically, try and made 75 evidence flashcards and 25 argument flashcards from the book and online then memorise them for each unit and you'll do great. Worked for me in AS Politics and memorising them for next week too.
Reply 5
Did you make flashcards for 3A? And do you have any 3A resources you can share or online websites that are good?

Sorry took a while to reply I don't use TSR much, here's a link too the flashcards I helped create for the UK Topic, did a different module so haven't got any on European issues but I hope these help :smile::

https://tiny.cards/collections/4PwUKrv/a-level-politics-uk-evidence-arguments

When you click on one of the units click on cards to view all of them, don't bother with the lesson section on Tinycards
The link doesn't seem to be working.

Original post by Red Dawn
Sorry took a while to reply I don't use TSR much, here's a link too the flashcards I helped create for the UK Topic, did a different module so haven't got any on European issues but I hope these help :smile::

https://tiny.cards/collections/4PwUKrv/a-level-politics-uk-evidence-arguments

When you click on one of the units click on cards to view all of them, don't bother with the lesson section on Tinycards
Does anyone have any predictions on 3A?
Reply 9
My teacher predicted that a question on Brexit may come up
Is this for 3A?

Original post by AnonL
My teacher predicted that a question on Brexit may come up
Reply 11
I’m not sure I just remember him saying that. Also, that it’s likely a 45 marker on education may come up rather than a 15 marker.
I noticed that questions on environment issues don’t come up unless there has been a popular policy about it for the 15 markers
Oh okay, what topics are you going to focus on then?

Original post by AnonL
I’m not sure I just remember him saying that. Also, that it’s likely a 45 marker on education may come up rather than a 15 marker.
I noticed that questions on environment issues don’t come up unless there has been a popular policy about it for the 15 markers
Reply 13
Economy, welfare, law and order and a bit of environment
Economy always comes up for the 15 marker and 45 marker
I noticed every year they always ask to compare major political parties on certain policies, last year it was education
Are there any economy trends or predictions?

Original post by AnonL
Economy, welfare, law and order and a bit of environment
Economy always comes up for the 15 marker and 45 marker
I noticed every year they always ask to compare major political parties on certain policies, last year it was education
Reply 15
Are there any economy trends or predictions?

Globalisation comes up frequently for the 45 marker

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending