The Student Room Group
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website

Accommodation at UCLan IQ Kopa

Hi I’m going to UCLan in September and am thinking of applying to accommodation soon. I want to be in IQ Kopa and know that you can apply through them privately and get a bronze plus room, is there any pros or cons applying this way or is is better to apply through the university and is there any pros and cons to doing it this way instead?
Original post by Calliedarcy
Hi I’m going to UCLan in September and am thinking of applying to accommodation soon. I want to be in IQ Kopa and know that you can apply through them privately and get a bronze plus room, is there any pros or cons applying this way or is is better to apply through the university and is there any pros and cons to doing it this way instead?

I dont stay at this IQ accomadation, but I stay at a IQ accomadation in scotland, an i would not recommend IQ at all, for one there is a switch which turns on heating which lasts only two hours, therefore you cannot have any heating at night unless you wake up every two hours, when i complained about it they literally just said there was nothing they could do about it,they also try in any way possible to get out of doing maintenance, I really wouldnt reccomend them if i was you
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Calliedarcy

Hi just wondering if you ended up applying to IQ Kopa? im thinking of applying there aswell gonna be starting at UCLan in September. if you've applied do you know if you get out with other first year students or is it mixed?
Original post by am_00
Hi just wondering if you ended up applying to IQ Kopa? im thinking of applying there aswell gonna be starting at UCLan in September. if you've applied do you know if you get out with other first year students or is it mixed?

I applied through IQ three weeks ago, you only have to pay a upfront deposit of £50 however you do have to pay your first payment on the 1st August, mine is £615 because I opted for a silver room, I’m not sure who’s in my room yet but I know other IQ students from the Facebook group chat that are in the rooms across from me. You need to ensure you have a guarantor available and they need to reply to a email saying they can be your guarantor and after this is done your application will be complete. The last payment you will have to pay 5 days before your last student loan comes in so ensure you have enough money to pay this off it will be around £900. They are highly recommended in Preston too. Hope this helps !

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending