The Student Room Group

Anyone need extra help in Alevel Chemistry?

Very random however if anyone requires help in Alevel Chemistry, whether it’s securing a C or an A*, exam prep, questions or content. I’ll be happy to help.

I’m a Chemistry university graduate who is going into teaching and wouldn’t mind helping anyone with last minute questions or don’t quite understand something.

Telegram: Cobaltttt
Reply 1
Sounds good, Good luck with it!
Original post by Cobalt_
Very random however if anyone requires help in Alevel Chemistry, whether it’s securing a C or an A*, exam prep, questions or content. I’ll be happy to help.

I’m a Chemistry university graduate who is going into teaching and wouldn’t mind helping anyone with last minute questions or don’t quite understand something.

Where did u do ur chem degree at? + how was it?
Reply 3
Original post by TomTomSatNavv
Where did u do ur chem degree at? + how was it?

Manchester.

Loved it, as sad as it sounds I miss it.
Original post by Cobalt_
Manchester.

Loved it, as sad as it sounds I miss it.

I don't think it's sad. I was at Imperial, enjoyed my chemistry (at all levels) and my PGCE when I got round to it. Loved teaching. And it wasn't the students I minded...

Good luck with the PGCE and the teaching
Reply 5
Original post by AftabGujral
I don't think it's sad. I was at Imperial, enjoyed my chemistry (at all levels) and my PGCE when I got round to it. Loved teaching. And it wasn't the students I minded...

Good luck with the PGCE and the teaching

Aw thank you! I’m probably going to do a bit more education chemistry wise (MSc) before applying for my pgce but I’m pretty excited for it!
how to revise for paper 3 ocr a?
Reply 7
Original post by mansnothot
how to revise for paper 3 ocr a?

I did and I tutor AQA,

Send me the specification for paper 3 so I know the AQA counterpart so I can help.

Do you have any specific questions/topics you need help on?
Reply 8
How did everyone find CHEM2?
Original post by cobalt_
how did everyone find chem2?

Very hard. Much harder than last years paper 2. Couldn't do the question near the end about concentration gas chromatography. A lot of synthetic routes, hardly any practical qs.
This is for ocr a btw. Paper 1 i smashed very nicely. Time to make up for paper 2 in paper 3.

Biology paper 2 was not much biology related, again for ocr a.
Reply 10
Original post by simple123site
Very hard. Much harder than last years paper 2. Couldn't do the question near the end about concentration gas chromatography. A lot of synthetic routes, hardly any practical qs.
This is for ocr a btw. Paper 1 i smashed very nicely. Time to make up for paper 2 in paper 3.

Biology paper 2 was not much biology related, again for ocr a.

I’m assuming this was OCR?

I’ve heard the opposite of AQA (paper 1 was hard and paper 2 was good).

What sort of synthetic routes did they ask?

Biology, oh god. I hated my biology Alevel, you’d revise for days, get to the paper and they ask you about a graph on mice. Good luck with it all!

Let me know if you have any chemistry related questions - add my telegram, happy to help.
Original post by Cobalt_
I’m assuming this was OCR?

I’ve heard the opposite of AQA (paper 1 was hard and paper 2 was good).

What sort of synthetic routes did they ask?

Biology, oh god. I hated my biology Alevel, you’d revise for days, get to the paper and they ask you about a graph on mice. Good luck with it all!

Let me know if you have any chemistry related questions - add my telegram, happy to help.

Yes, it was OCR A. I will hopefully ask you questions after today. Currently revising for AQA practical and optional topic paper.
Reply 12
Original post by simple123site
Yes, it was OCR A. I will hopefully ask you questions after today. Currently revising for AQA practical and optional topic paper.

Sounds good
Original post by Cobalt_

I want to ask a question related to Chemistry. May I?

Quick Reply

Latest