The Student Room Group

afraid I actually might fail all my gcses

I probably wont fail all my gcses but I have reason to believe I will not pass 5

1.)The only revision I have been doing is cramming,and only for certain subjects like computer science
2.)I only got 3 gcses in my mocks English Language,Maths,Buisness in the 2nd set of mocks, failed everything in the first ones
3.)I have no confidence
4.)I have no motivation
5.)Predicted a mixture of 5s and 6s have no clue how I will actually get them

Does anyone else feel like this?Am I just procrastinating like I always do? Are Mocks really that accurate?
pllzzzzzzz help
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by jifjljslkdfjlk
I probably wont fail all my gcses but I have reason to believe I will not pass 5

1.)The only revision I have been doing is cramming,and only for certain subjects like computer science
2.)I only got 3 gcses in my mocks English Language,Maths,Buisness in the 2nd set of mocks, failed everything in the first ones
3.)I have no confidence
4.)I have no motivation
5.)Predicted a mixture of 5s and 6s have no clue how I will actually get them

Does anyone else feel like this?Am I just procrastinating like I always do? Are Mocks really that accurate?
pllzzzzzzz help

I failed all but one of my GCSEs and I went to get a first class degree.

If you do ‘fail’ it won’t define you, go and do the best you can so you won’t feel disappointed.

Kindest Regards,
FailedTeacher
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 2
I didn't revise for any and I passed all 9. Don't worry about it, you'll be fine.
Nope mocks aren’t accurate. History was the subject I consistently failed during GCSE - I was barely scraping D’s and majority of my grades were E’s. I revised a day before the exam because I had lost all motivation and my teacher predicted me a D. I ended up with an A. My exam was sent to remark again as I was a couple of marks off from an A initially.

Long story short: mocks aren’t a good indicator of anything imo and cramming can sometimes work.
Original post by FailedTeacher
I failed all but one of my GCSEs and I went to get a first class degree.

If you do ‘fail’ it won’t define you, go and do the best you can so you won’t feel disappointed.

Kindest Regards,
FailedTeacher

thanks,thats quite reassuring
Original post by HJMLong
I didn't revise for any and I passed all 9. Don't worry about it, you'll be fine.

thanks
Original post by AppleB
Nope mocks aren’t accurate. History was the subject I consistently failed during GCSE - I was barely scraping D’s and majority of my grades were E’s. I revised a day before the exam because I had lost all motivation and my teacher predicted me a D. I ended up with an A. My exam was sent to remark again as I was a couple of marks off from an A initially.

Long story short: mocks aren’t a good indicator of anything imo and cramming can sometimes work.

thats a crazy story D to an A , similar thing happend to my friend went from a Band 1(F) to a Band 7(A) in computer science just through pure revision in the space of two mock exams. I already crammed for about 4 days straight for computer science so hopefully I can scrape a B.
Original post by jifjljslkdfjlk
thats a crazy story D to an A , similar thing happend to my friend went from a Band 1(F) to a Band 7(A) in computer science just through pure revision in the space of two mock exams. I already crammed for about 4 days straight for computer science so hopefully I can scrape a B.

As long as you answered the questions you can’t go wrong :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest