The Student Room Group

AQA Biology GCSE Triple Higher Paper 2 11/06/18 Unofficial Markscheme

Let’s put together an unofficial mark scheme
:smile:

At the end of the day, though, none of us know the mark scheme and we are NOT examiners. So there's no need for anyone to ridicule/be unkind to others for their answers!
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

The question at the end about the classification table was so annoying!! I spent ages revising the menstrual cycle and that came up!!!!! Fml
120 cm3 question about faeces
Original post by char_2002
Let’s put together an unofficial mark scheme
:smile:

There already is one
Reply 4
Original post by Laureniversage3
The question at the end about the classification table was so annoying!! I spent ages revising the menstrual cycle and that came up!!!!! Fml

I know all the stuff I had got to grips with didn’t even come up!? Silly lemurs and low-fat milk x
I remember the 1st question was on the iris asking what it did in light and darkness
3.3x10^5 on question about quadrants and population
Reply 7
Original post by Timothy_bbb
3.3x10^5 on question about quadrants and population

Yep I got that but I put it is 330000
Original post by Laureniversage3
I remember the 1st question was on the iris asking what it did in light and darkness

The circular muscles contracted and radial muscles relaxed to allow the construction of the iris to prevent damage due to high light brightness.

I believe

They asked to put answer in standard form
you had to put it in standard form

Same- I feel like the paper was okay, but my wording was off.
I got 4.5 x 10^5 because I discarded the low results bc I thought they were anomalies
Original post by Lottienewton
The circular muscles contracted and radial muscles relaxed to allow the construction of the iris to prevent damage due to high light brightness.

I believe

Phew! That’s what I wrote but I thought it was a bit much for a 1 marker
what 2 did people put for the reflex actions?
Original post by Olivertvs
There already is one

There is one for the Trilogy, from what I understand Trilogy and Triple are different exams, can someone confirm this to me ?
Original post by Evil Homer
There is one for the Trilogy, from what I understand Trilogy and Triple are different exams, can someone confirm this to me ?

Yeah I couldn’t find one on this paper so I assume his is the only one for paper 2 biology higher separate
Original post by Patrick's rock
what 2 did people put for the reflex actions?

Sharp object and shielding bright light from eyes. Other 2 were hormonal
What did u guys write for 6 marker on quadrants? I wrote about line transects but people are saying you had to collect data from 2 areas.
I also remember the question on how gravity affected the growth of the roots! I wrote that auxin sinks due to gravity and it roots auxin inhibits growth so it grew downwards bc the top of the root would grow more bc of the lack of auxin. But in the other one, the auxin was equally distributed so it would grow straight.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending