The Student Room Group

Complied aqa biology triple mark scheme

Hey guys, I am a little busy revising for Geography Paper 3 at the moment, but loads of you wanted me to make this so edit away, and hopefully we can create a full markscheme by tonight!

https://oasis.sandstorm.io/shared/PfN2W2UrzZXBCJP7OvJRvI4jK3uUDVy9rqeieGK_hPW

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
@Fazzy_77 can you help me when you have time?
Do we not already have one of these here?
Reply 3
Original post by Evil Homer
Do we not already have one of these here?

Yep, but trying to compile answers rather than people's opinions and discussions on the usual unofficial mark scheme thread.
ur A GOD
Reply 5
I will do some tonight, if anyone else knows anything please say.
For the 'design an experiment to see if dandelions grow more in the light', if you use a transect line, surely trees will be taking water as well as sunlight, so it's not a fair test? That's what I thought, so I designed an experiment using a lamp and plants together in set distances away from it, and a person should see how many of those grew over 28 days. I went into loads of detail. Do you think I could get any marks for that, as I think it'd give valid results?
Reply 7
Original post by sqrt(e/m)=c
For the 'design an experiment to see if dandelions grow more in the light', if you use a transect line, surely trees will be taking water as well as sunlight, so it's not a fair test? That's what I thought, so I designed an experiment using a lamp and plants together in set distances away from it, and a person should see how many of those grew over 28 days. I went into loads of detail. Do you think I could get any marks for that, as I think it'd give valid results?

Examiners have to award marks for valid point. Whilst your answer may not be under the indicative content section it is still valid so I see no reason why you'd get 0 marks.
Some of these I do not know in order, I will highlight these questions with a star, so please help me correct it and edit. Some also may be wrong (hence it is unofficial).

1.a) Bright light, sharp object
b.) Iris
c.) Pupil constricts, iris dilates
d.) reflex arc in depth; stimulus, receptor, sensory neurone...

2.a) Graph on water intake
b.) 120 water lost to faeces
c.) Water can be lost through respiration, poo, etc.
d.) Draw the pyramid
e.) 99% efficiency of matter

*Advantage of asexual (Quicker, energy efficient and not needing a mate) and sexual reproduction (Produces variation and offspring less likely to get genetic disorders and disease)

* Create a test to prove hypothesis: Transects, measure light intensity...

* Use more water when breathing, water vapour leaves when you exhale, this happens more throughout the race.

* Use more water when sweating, keep temperature optimum, homeostasis

* Auxins in apparatus A and B, rotating is a control variable because the plant's roots will be the same length. Water is kept on the damp paper to stop roots being attracted to water. roots and shoots go to gravity and to the light. Ethene, Gibberellins and auxins.

* Carbon dioxide and air temperature question. Evaluate graph. Does it increase, decrease, stay constant. Why does carbon heat atmosphere. What's the effect of global warming have on organisms.

* Eutrophication: Oxygen levels, the decay of dead matter, no oxygen for fish, bacteria respire.

* 3.3x10^5 for the number of dandelions.

* Draw punnet square: 50/50 chance of DD and Dd. Use IVF to make multiple babies from the embryo. Selective breeding: Choose best mates, breed throughout time.

* Classification question. Phylum, genus... (look it up idk the answer).
Lemur catta. Africa to Madagascar due to the current of water? Environmental barriers cause new species. Adapt, survive, overcome.
For eutrophication question I said that the bacteria could be pathogenic and infect a species with a disease and could even kill them off. Would this be right?
Original post by fninja
For eutrophication question I said that the bacteria could be pathogenic and infect a species with a disease and could even kill them off. Would this be right?

I said that
Reply 11
Original post by fninja

I put that as well as eutrophication
Original post by crybabynessie
Hey guys, I am a little busy revising for Geography Paper 3 at the moment, but loads of you wanted me to make this so edit away, and hopefully we can create a full markscheme by tonight!

I did a quadrat instead of a transect will I get 0?
Uno for the biomass pyramid?
Did you do 800 on each side or 400?
Reply 14
Does anyone want me to try and compile this? Otherwise I have other things I need to do xx
Reply 15
Original post by mattlcfc
I did a quadrat instead of a transect will I get 0?

Is this for the practical question? You had to use a quadrat along a transect, I believe.
Reply 16
Does anyone want me to try and compile this? Otherwise I have other things I need to do xx

ye please
frick, for the quadrat/transect question i did a practical using light intensity of seedlings oh my god i am so screwed. does anyone know the wording of the question?
oh my god i am such an idiot oh my god oh my god

Your threads are always really helpful, thank you :hugs: ! I hope your geography exam goes well!
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending