The Student Room Group

Igcse edexcel 11th june 2018 biology 2b:

What were peoples thoughts on this exam?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by leloswany
What were peoples thoughts on this exam?

i found it okay, how about u?
Reply 2
Original post by cieloceleste
i found it okay, how about u?

yeah it was pretty good! what did you get for the carbohydrates question?

starch and sucrose
what did u write?

For the carbs question I think the answer was sucrose and starch which I didn’t put.I put sucrose and glucose
Honestly that question baffled me which is quite ridiculous considering I legit had just finished writing a bloody essay about testing for starch in a leaf , I’m so dumb lol ..
Reply 5
starch and sucrose

ok, I knew that starch was one but I didn’t know what the other one was so I just wrote glucosse, but oh well
Original post by lemonpop123
For the carbs question I think the answer was sucrose and starch which I didn’t put.I put sucrose and glucose
Honestly that question baffled me which is quite ridiculous considering I legit had just finished writing a bloody essay about testing for starch in a leaf , I’m so dumb lol ..

don't worry, we all make mistakes. what did u write for the definition of sewage
i think glucose is one since it said in the comprehension something about one of the plants storing stuff as glucose. i think most people in my year said glucose and starch.

what did you say for the question where you had to describe an experiment measuring light on photosynthesis? i said the canadian pondweed thing but idk if its right?
Reply 8
don't worry, we all make mistakes. what did u write for the definition of sewage

I had no idea, so I just wrote “waste that comes from human buildings that generally contains feases and metabolic waste.” not sure if its correct but yeah...what did you write?

I completely made it up ,I wrote human waste , urea ,feaceas and phosphates .
What did you put for the question about why the desert plant would not be affected a lot by a decrease in leaf size ?
Original post by yoongles
i think glucose is one since it said in the comprehension something about one of the plants storing stuff as glucose. i think most people in my year said glucose and starch.

what did you say for the question where you had to describe an experiment measuring light on photosynthesis? i said the canadian pondweed thing but idk if its right?

i wrote about keeping the plant in a dark cupboard and later testing it for starch
Reply 11

ok thats good, I wrote about putting different plants of the same species in different light intensities and counting the number of leaves, I wasnt sure though, because it had already given the test I would have written about.....
Reply 12
i wrote about keeping the plant in a dark cupboard and later testing it for starch

oh yeah that makes sense

Loads of my friends did that but I was confused because I thought the question said how could you test for the importance of light in photosynthesis using a leaf so I thought it had to be specifically and only the organ of the leaf but anyways . I said you can test for starch ,as glucose is a by production of photosynthesis etc... you probs know the experiment then I said repeat it keep carbon dioxide levels the same and same temperature . What did you put for question about why the temp of the water bath had to be monitered ?
What did you put for the question about why the desert plant would not be affected a lot by a decrease in leaf size ?

as it is in the desert, it receives a lot of sunlight hence lots of photosynthesis occurs, i know this wrong but i didnt know what to say, what did u write
Reply 15

because it stores water and something like that...
because it stores water and something like that...

Wow i think I did it wrong because I wrote for the disadvantages that it will result in a decreased surface area of the plant resulting in less clorophyll so less light so less photosynthesis and less energy I also said it can’t loose water as fast but I’m hoping the examiner ignores that 😂 Anyways so I said for the second part in the text it said something about that fact that it makes its food not in the leaves or something like that so I said that it Doesn’t photosynthesise in the leaves and therefore a decrease would not affect its ability to get food fml I’m screwed!!!!
Reply 17
Wow i think I did it wrong because I wrote for the disadvantages that it will result in a decreased surface area of the plant resulting in less clorophyll so less light so less photosynthesis and less energy I also said it can’t loose water as fast but I’m hoping the examiner ignores that 😂 Anyways so I said for the second part in the text it said something about that fact that it makes its food not in the leaves or something like that so I said that it Doesn’t photosynthesise in the leaves and therefore a decrease would not affect its ability to get food fml I’m screwed!!!!

oh righht, no thats what i wrote for the second part.... i wrote a similar thing for the first part. i thought you were asking about the second half thats why. you got it right dont worry.
oh righht, no thats what i wrote for the second part.... i wrote a similar thing for the first part. i thought you were asking about the second half thats why. you got it right dont worry.

Oh okay few .. what question were you referring to the germination one ?
Reply 19
Oh okay few .. what question were you referring to the germination one ?

no the second part of that question, that isnt the exact words i wrote though!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending