The Student Room Group

Aqa geography paper 3 exam discussion

How was it guys?
For me timing was very difficult to manage.
How do you think you did overall?
It was most definitely the easiest paper out of all the three. Had a lot of time spare, the "should the reservoir go ahead" question was an absolute blessing.
Original post by typicaltryhard6
It was most definitely the easiest paper out of all the three. Had a lot of time spare, the "should the reservoir go ahead" question was an absolute blessing.

Yeah a lot of the questions were premeditated like the area one. What did you write for the 25 year plan?
Original post by somebrick
Yeah a lot of the questions were premeditated like the area one. What did you write for the 25 year plan?

I used a lot of Figure 1 statistics and basically wrote that:
- household demand will increase in 2030 to 180 litres per person/day which shows that overall demand for water will increase, water companies should as a result have long term effective planning to keep up with demand and maintain a sustainable water supply
- Figure 1 also says that long-term contingency plans are needed in order to cope with crises such as severe drought, so long term planning would integrate with this, creating an effective, strategic solution, as well as keeping a months worth of water spare, as said in figure 1.
- long term planning will also factor in creating a more efficient water supply, such as repairing water leakage to reduce the amount of water lost by pipes, in figure 1 it says that by 2030 leakage will decrease by 25%. Long term planning would allow for sustainable water waste management, so enough supply meets demand.
- household demand will increase in 2030 to 180 litres per person/day which shows that overall demand for water will increase, water companies should as a result have long term effective planning to keep up with demand and maintain a sustainable water supply
- Figure 1 also says that long-term contingency plans are needed in order to cope with crises such as severe drought, so long term planning would integrate with this, creating an effective, strategic solution, as well as keeping a months worth of water spare, as said in figure 1.
- long term planning will also factor in creating a more efficient water supply, such as repairing water leakage to reduce the amount of water lost by pipes, in figure 1 it says that by 2030 leakage will decrease by 25%. Long term planning would allow for sustainable water waste management, so enough supply meets demand.

Wrote something similar with the long term sustainable development👍🏽
Reply 5

I wrote similar to that and plus planning for 25 years will help to see if projects now are sustainable and if not the government can change the schemes.
It's over, that's all I can say...

Expected an 8 (for some reason) but if I get a 7 I'll be very pleased.
Original post by MaSharKo
It's over, that's all I can say...

Expected an 8 (for some reason) but if I get a 7 I'll be very pleased.

Best of luck 😁
my timing was very bad
I liked it but I didn't finish of the question on the 25 year planning scheme. Not enough time.
Reply 10
Easiest out of the three papers? Not for me anyway, we got taught very little about fieldwork and I felt nauseous in the exam, which meant I only managed to do around 3/4 of the paper.
My head was dizzy after finishing. Thank god I done the Biology exam in the morning otherwise I wouldn't be able to cope.
Reply 12
it was good except for that question about 25 years plan i was just waffling about environmental problems and that question about correleation i rushed last minute so didnt see the scatter graph. Also did everyone put bar chart for the alternative method one? Cos i was trying to be 'smart' and think outside the box so i put scatter graph !!! ugh
timings were alright for me. i figured the paper was going to go by quickly so i wrote at a high speed which was surprising because i don't have a watch and i couldn't see the time throughout the exam because i sit at the back of the hall. i didn't like that 25 year plan question and some of the questions were just weirded strangely as if the exam board were intentionally making 4-6 markers out of irrelevant info. on the other hand i generally found that section B was a blessing and i think i over stressed for nothing.
i'm currently doing my feb mocks and this paper was the past paper they used so thank you very much. This is more helpful than anything school has taught me

- long term planning will also factor in creating a more efficient water supply, such as repairing water leakage to reduce the amount of water lost by pipes, in figure 1 it says that by 2030 leakage will decrease by 25%. Long term planning would allow for sustainable water waste management, so enough supply meets demand.i'm
Reply 15
Can anyone help me with the physical environment question (03.1)

Can you pls help me on this quetsion ?

Quick Reply

Latest