The Student Room Group

Igcse edexcel 11th june 2018 biology 2b:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by leloswany
no the second part of that question, that isnt the exact words i wrote though!

Ooh okay gotcha
Original post by lemonpop123
Ooh okay gotcha

I’m trying to make an unofficial mark scheme so if anyone can remember the questions please tell me them
Reply 22
Ooh okay gotcha

yuppp, what did you write for the type of reproduction with bulbs?
how many marks were for the calculations
Reply 24
I’m trying to make an unofficial mark scheme so if anyone can remember the questions please tell me them

0.1 for the calculation question
Reply 25
Original post by cieloceleste
how many marks were for the calculations

i think it was 2
yuppp, what did you write for the type of reproduction with bulbs?

Lol I got pretty much that whole page wrong but I wrote asexual reproduction I think that’s right
Reply 27
Lol I got pretty much that whole page wrong but I wrote asexual reproduction I think that’s right

ah ok thats good because i wrote asexual, and what was the other organism because i am sure i got that wrong
ah ok thats good because i wrote asexual, and what was the other organism because i am sure i got that wrong

Apparently it was stem or runner something like that but I mean I wrote leaf 😂it was the only plant organ I could think of
Reply 29
Apparently it was stem or runner something like that but I mean I wrote leaf 😂it was the only plant organ I could think of

😜 hehe, i just wrote root hair cell so I definitely think that was wrong!
It was runners, because thats what strawberries use for asexual reproduction. Maybe you weren't taught that :tongue:

Anyone else think that the first paper was actually much harder?
Reply 31
Original post by mrbubbles123
It was runners, because thats what strawberries use for asexual reproduction. Maybe you weren't taught that :tongue:

Anyone else think that the first paper was actually much harder?

I was taught it I just forgot it in my exam, I didnt think a runner was an organism....😂,
Yeah I agree paper 1 was a hit harder.
Reply 32
Was it restriction and ligase enzymes for putting the plant pesticide in the yeast cell? And how the hell does one grow yeast cells in a fermenter (to do with spores I presume?)?
Loads of my friends did that but I was confused because I thought the question said how could you test for the importance of light in photosynthesis using a leaf so I thought it had to be specifically and only the organ of the leaf but anyways . I said you can test for starch ,as glucose is a by production of photosynthesis etc... you probs know the experiment then I said repeat it keep carbon dioxide levels the same and same temperature . What did you put for question about why the temp of the water bath had to be monitered ?

idk i think that is right i heard a lot of people who said that also i just realised i forgot to put variables lol great. i think canadian pondweed is like... made up of leaves also it was under experiments on rate of photosynthesis and light in the cgp guide so maybe it will be right also lmao... also for that one i really had no idea i put to make sure its not at a temperature that would affect rate of reaction by slowing down enzymes and also make it a fair test because i had no idea lol. what did u say
Reply 34
Guys the question about why the plant need to reproduce in a quickly cycle?
Reply 35
And why water is needed for germenation it was for 2 marks , I just wrote site for metabolic reactions , I think that is for only one mark?
The last question,is writing blood vessels in skin diagram label is ignored or right?
Original post by Luka8
Guys the question about why the plant need to reproduce in a quickly cycle?

It said in the passage about rainfall, so I put that the cycle needs to be quick due to rainfall not happening often
Original post by yoongles
idk i think that is right i heard a lot of people who said that also i just realised i forgot to put variables lol great. i think canadian pondweed is like... made up of leaves also it was under experiments on rate of photosynthesis and light in the cgp guide so maybe it will be right also lmao... also for that one i really had no idea i put to make sure its not at a temperature t would affect rate of reaction by slowing down enzymes and also make it a fair test because i had no idea lol. what did u say

I wrote two things cuz I wasn’t sure but basically I wrote two much of a high temp will denature enzymes needed for photosynthesis to occur , then in really small writing I wrote something about photosynthesis I hope they ignore that lmao
Original post by yoongles
idk i think that is right i heard a lot of people who said that also i just realised i forgot to put variables lol great. i think canadian pondweed is like... made up of leaves also it was under experiments on rate of photosynthesis and light in the cgp guide so maybe it will be right also lmao... also for that one i really had no idea i put to make sure its not at a temperature that would affect rate of reaction by slowing down enzymes and also make it a fair test because i had no idea lol. what did u say

Yess finally someone mentions the canadian pondweed experiment, thats what i used, wonder if ill get the marks
Original post by cr_13
Was it restriction and ligase enzymes for putting the plant pesticide in the yeast cell? And how the hell does one grow yeast cells in a fermenter (to do with spores I presume?)?

yeah thats what i put. also for yeast i said sterilize the fermentor with steam, then put the yeast in a growth or nutrient culture, and put it in the fermentor, use PH and temperature measures to make sure PH and temp are optimum for enzymes, pump oxygen into the fermentor so the yeast can respire and use paddles to turn the mixture so the oxygen is evenly spread

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending