The Student Room Group

Edexcel (Salters-Nuffield) A-Level Biology Paper 2 Monday 11th June 2018

What topics do we think are coming up guys? As 50% is AS content I suspect xylem and phloem will come up with a 6 marker on muscle fibres. Let us know below!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
5 marker on oxidative phosphorylation and chemiosmosis, last year they had a 5 marker on photosynthesis so it's possible
Relatively easy. How did u find paper 1?
Original post by cmonb123

I hated paper 1, way too many questions about analysis of graphs/tables and the 6 markers were nasty so i'm hoping this paper will be more straightforward.

Original post by gucciblu
5 marker on oxidative phosphorylation and chemiosmosis, last year they had a 5 marker on photosynthesis so it's possible

That seems like a pretty good prediction to me, time to go through respiration again bc it's refusing to stay in my head lol
Reply 4

too many questions, i missed a few even though i knew the answer.
The 6 marker on antibiotics was hard to analyse and the distribution of animals was bit strange to answer and then the final 6 marker, I forgot a few points. But I think grade boundaries will go up to 60% for an A
Reply 6
The 6 marker on antibiotics was hard to analyse and the distribution of animals was bit strange to answer and then the final 6 marker, I forgot a few points. But I think grade boundaries will go up to 60% for an A

well 66% was an A* last year

My teacher said grade boundaries will go up by 5% for each grade

so 210/300 for A*

A Grade will probs follow a similar pattern
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 7
I think there will be long mark questions on SAN and avn, rod and bipolar cells and respiration coz they weren't in last years paper. Oh and probably fmri and brain scanning. Also think there will be more on parts of the brain as there wasn't any last year. Good luck everyone
Reply 8
I put anatomical and physiological as hibernation is physiological as far as i'm aware. Were we supposed to multiple by 850g for the difference in metabolic rate question?
Reply 9
Original post by Shusuff
I put anatomical and physiological as hibernation is physiological as far as i'm aware. Were we supposed to multiple by 850g for the difference in metabolic rate question?

I think it was anatomic physiological and behavioural. And you have to multiple by 850 then 24 then divide by 1000
Reply 10
which relationship/correlation did people put for the multiple choice question?
Original post by Shusuff
which relationship/correlation did people put for the multiple choice question?

I put positive correlation
Reply 12
Original post by Lucia12
I think it was anatomic physiological and behavioural. And you have to multiple by 850 then 24 then divide by 1000

I second this.
I think that paper went decently well but did anyone else feel like there was barely any of the last two topics and quite a bit of repetition? It feels like I've learnt all this information and maybe 10% of the syllabus in total has come up, excluding all of the graph and data questions
Hey guys, it might be best if you make an unofficial markscheme and tag me in, that way I can promote it around the site and get it filled in as quickly as possible.

I hope you all smashed your exams today. :biggrin:
Reply 15
did anyone else find that quite hard? I really revised topics 7 and 8 and there was barely any topic 8
Reply 16
Original post by .ella.
did anyone else find that quite hard? I really revised topics 7 and 8 and there was barely any topic 8

I found it tough and tight on time. I hated the 6 mark testosterone question. And last last q was tough
Reply 17
Original post by Jmd100
I found it tough and tight on time. I hated the 6 mark testosterone question. And last last q was tough

me too! I had to really rush the last q so just praying i scraped a couple of marks there😂
Did anyone get that lysosome one?
Original post by LittleOwl33
Did anyone get that lysosome one?

I said it fused with the cell memebrabe and released the broken down stuff in exocytosis. No idea if it's right but it could be 😂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending