The Student Room Group

Politics students chat & discussion thread

I have totally not stolen this idea from the wonderful @Puddles the Monkey. :mmm:

However, it would be lovely to create a general discussion and chat thread for politics students (and people in general just interested in politics) at all levels. So, please, come in! I think this thread would be useful to find people who do the same exam board as you, in order to exchange study tips etc.

Icebreaker time:

Level:
Subjects studying:
Favourite period of politics:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I will start off! :woo:

Level: Undergrad
Subject study: Single Hons Politics
Favourite period of politics: I am interested mostly in Irish politics, but also the Blairite years, and the LibDem-Con coalition.
does anyone know what did come up in 2016 for AQA A2 politics please
Reply 3
hello; was wondering if you could help me with current affairs application
for AS i am doing the consitution and PM
for 3A USA - political parties and voting behaviour
for 4A USA- president and the consitution

please could someone provide me with relevant current affairs that i could learn and apply to these topics, i would be very greatful
Reply 4
http://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/government-and-politics/as-and-a-level/government-and-politics-2150/past-papers-and-mark-schemes
it should be here
Original post by sally markhi
does anyone know what did come up in 2016 for AQA A2 politics please
Hi,

do you know any good resources that I could you for revision or for when I'm writing my revision notes?
Level: A-Level
Subject Studying: Politics of the UK and Government of the UK
Favourite period of politics: Learning about the different forms of political participation
Level: A2
Subject: Government and Politics of the USA
Favourite period: None. I'm all for the government side and all against for the politics, but I guess electoral systems and direct democracy of the USA is okay.
Reply 8
hi, I want your help pls someone help me, I want to ask if I can change my school that I am now this year I finish year 10 and I want to the application for college. And if you help with some paper past for year 10 exam PPE
Reply 9
How did I not find this sooner?! :zomg:

Level: Undergraduate
Subjects studying: International Relations (it counts as politics, right? :puppyeyes:)
Favourite period of politics: I do not have any favourite 'periods' of politics. I have favourite areas of it, though! I am especially interested in international security, diplomacy, military, political, and security strategy, war, and conflict resolution, settlement, prevention, and mediation. :smile:
Original post by Michiyo
How did I not find this sooner?!
:zomg:

Subjects studying: International Relations (it counts as politics, right? :puppyeyes:)
Favourite period of politics: I do not have any favourite 'periods' of politics. I have favourite areas of it, though! I am especially interested in international security, diplomacy, military, political, and security strategy, war, and conflict resolution, settlement, prevention, and mediation. :smile:

Its two years old!!! :tongue:
Reply 11
Original post by Michiyo
How did I not find this sooner?! :zomg:

Because no one cares about politics enough :cry2:
Level: Casual
Subjects studying: Not Politics related
Favourite period of politics: 1900s, Modern

Want to learn more about economics, feminism, marxism, and some psychology/sociology sides
Original post by Jack22031994

Its two years old!!! :tongue:

My point exactly! :ashamed2:

Original post by Airmed
Because no one cares about politics enough :cry2:

IKR :cry2: I did not know this sub-forum existed until today :ashamed:

It is okay, we care about it and that is enough :console:
I never knew this existed omg!
Level: A-Levels
Subject Studying: UK Government of the UK and Politics of the UK (Paper 1), Comparative politics between US and UK (Paper 2) and Political Ideologies
Favourite period of politics: The different forms of participation and how several factors (eg. Class, Age) can have serious ramifications on the way an individual would vote in a general election
"Citizens rights are better protected by the judiciary in the USA than in the UK". Analyse and evaluate this statement (25 Marks)

Can someone help me with this?
Level: AS
Subject: Edexcel Politics (Government and Politics)
Favourite Period: the 2010-15 coalition. Those were bad times, but nicer times.
Reply 18
Level: N/A as of now, will be studying AS Level next year
Subjects studying: ^
Favourite period of politics: As a few have said, the 2010-2015 Conservative-Liberal Democrats coalition. The fact that it was the first coalition government in a while, and how Nick Clegg's political career plummeted due to the whole tuition fee situation is really interesting
Original post by Airmed
I will start off! :woo:

Level: Undergrad
Subject study: Single Hons Politics
Favourite period of politics: I am interested mostly in Irish politics, but also the Blairite years, and the LibDem-Con coalition.

The Blairite years were some of our finest! :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending