The Student Room Group

cant wait to never do maths again ;

i really really really need to revise for maths but its literally the only subject i have 0 motivation for. I can sit and do any subject for hours and hours except for maths i actually hate it but the problem is im not good at it so thats not gonna work is it. I might just have to do an all nighter?? but i don't have much time so dk i just need to do a few papers
What do you plan on taking at A-level? Unless it’s all humanities (and no social sciences), it’s helpful to have maths at a decent GCSE standard, so you can get to grips with mathematical concepts you might encounter in your subjects. Geography and psychology are two subjects that seem to have nothing to do with maths but still have quite a bit of statistical and quantitative analysis (particularly standard deviation and Spearman’s rank, the latter of which isn’t even taught in AS level maths). Just a heads up. A lot of kids say the same thing but I very much doubt you’ll never see maths again.
Reply 2
Original post by orderofthelotus
What do you plan on taking at A-level? Unless it’s all humanities (and no social sciences), it’s helpful to have maths at a decent GCSE standard, so you can get to grips with mathematical concepts you might encounter in your subjects. Geography and psychology are two subjects that seem to have nothing to do with maths but still have quite a bit of statistical and quantitative analysis (particularly standard deviation and Spearman’s rank, the latter of which isn’t even taught in AS level maths). Just a heads up. A lot of kids say the same thing but I very much doubt you’ll never see maths again.

loool obviously not that's why i said i can't wait to never do it again..I know it's important but It's just hard i just want a 6. Yeah i'm picking those two as two of my options actually. I know it's sad but i meant as in study it properly at gcse level
Reply 3
i love maths! hate english tho
i find that you cant really revise for maths while just sitting down. i usually get a workbook filled with questions and watch a tv show or movie while doing them and i somehow get grade 7s/6s . what really helps me is to know the equations and shape rules, like for example what angles have to be where to be able to use the cosine rule, thats what i did for my mocks and got a 7 . for my actual gcse i wake up at 5 and then read the entire maths book and then sleep at 7 and wake up and 8 and go to my exam and so far all my exams for maths have been great
Original post by gurlll
loool obviously not that's why i said i can't wait to never do it again..I know it's important but It's just hard i just want a 6. Yeah i'm picking those two as two of my options actually. I know it's sad but i meant as in study it properly at gcse level

The thing is, when you do the maths in those subjects, it'll just be a matter of inputting values into a formula they give you. So don't feel so bad because I doubt it'll cause you too much trouble :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by gurlll
i really really really need to revise for maths but its literally the only subject i have 0 motivation for. I can sit and do any subject for hours and hours except for maths i actually hate it but the problem is im not good at it so thats not gonna work is it. I might just have to do an all nighter?? but i don't have much time so dk i just need to do a few papers

I am the right opposite of you.
Original post by gurlll

Yeah, I figured you’re not taking A-level maths, I was just saying higher level maths crops up in a lot of A-level subjects. There’s maths in both of those subjects. Not loads, but you’ll be doing maths again. :bubbles:
Reply 8
Original post by gurlll

Yeah I have never revised properly for maths in my liiiife...I might have to do an all nighter too
What exam board do you do?
Reply 9
Original post by mtawafi
Yeah I have never revised properly for maths in my liiiife...I might have to do an all nighter too
What exam board do you do?

lool trust me and AQA hby?
Original post by bvfh
i love maths! hate english tho

i'm the complete opposite
BRUHH i hate maths so much.Whoever invited maths is a B***h.
Reply 12
Original post by sssssw
i find that you cant really revise for maths while just sitting down. i usually get a workbook filled with questions and watch a tv show or movie while doing them and i somehow get grade 7s/6s . what really helps me is to know the equations and shape rules, like for example what angles have to be where to be able to use the cosine rule, thats what i did for my mocks and got a 7 . for my actual gcse i wake up at 5 and then read the entire maths book and then sleep at 7 and wake up and 8 and go to my exam and so far all my exams for maths have been great

thanks that's really useful :smile:) What if u don't have a workbook? alternatives?
Original post by gurlll

The people on here?????!!! Are you joking me you say your bad at maths and only want a “6” like that’s achievable to anybody? No it’s not, the average grade is a 5 what people get in reality. I’d be more than happy with a 6 and actually have to revise to get it. A 6 is quite good in my eyes
Reply 14
Original post by Student303.1
The people on here?????!!! Are you joking me you say your bad at maths and only want a “6” like that’s achievable to anybody? No it’s not, the average grade is a 5 what people get in reality. I’d be more than happy with a 6 and actually have to revise to get it. A 6 is quite good in my eyes

excuse me i think you're misunderstanding. you think I dont have to WORK for it ? ofcourse i do and im finding it hard, it's not like im achieving straight 6s and im boasting about it no it's just what i'm aiming for not what i achieved and id be happy with it so i dont see where you got the idea from that i wouldnt be happy with it i mean obviously if that;s what i;m aiming for...
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by gurlll
excuse me i think you're misunderstanding. you think I dont have to WORK for it ? ofcourse i do and im finding it hard, it's not like im achieving straight 6s and im boasting about it no it's just what i'm aiming for not what i achieved and id be happy with it so i dont see where you got the idea from that i wouldnt be happy with it i mean obviously if that;s what i;m aiming for...

Sorry, but you really it out that you “just want a 6” like it is easy? Yet you say you can’t be bothered to do anything and have no effort???? So excuse me. “0 motivation”
Reply 16
Sorry, but you really it out that you “just want a 6” like it is easy? Yet you say you can’t be bothered to do anything and have no effort???? So excuse me. “0 motivation”

woah okay chill why u taking all my words to heart, it obviously isn't easy for me if im sat here complaining lol. .....which was the point of the forum? to help motivate me silly. And I don't know how you're giving any help here
Original post by gurlll
woah okay chill why u taking all my words to heart, it obviously isn't easy for me if im sat here complaining lol. .....which was the point of the forum? to help motivate me silly. And I don't know how you're giving any help here

Just think you need to think before you comment that’s all, doesn’t offend me but might someone else. Good luck tomorrow.
Reply 18
Just think you need to think before you comment that’s all, doesn’t offend me but might someone else. Good luck tomorrow.

alright if u say so, good luck to you too :smile:
Haha I had to get over my hatred for maths due to the pressure of the exams and social aspects. The hatred may be back anytime soon, though. Till then, :bubbles:
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest