The Student Room Group

Should I just forget about my exam on Wednesday?

I take full responsibility for my situation, basically I only got down to proper revision for my A-Levels like a week before they started. So far, I have done 1 history paper (Edexcel, USA, went surprisingly well) and have two more to go. However, my next paper (South Africa) is in like two days and I have done sh*t all. It's virtually impossible for me for study for it in such short duration. Then, my final history paper is next week.

Should I just dedicate these next two days to my exam next week instead and forget about the one on Wednesday? Or revise like two topics?
Get off TSR.
Original post by DrSocSciences
Get off TSR.

im trying
Original post by Anygy
I take full responsibility for my situation, basically I only got down to proper revision for my A-Levels like a week before they started. So far, I have done 1 history paper (Edexcel, USA, went surprisingly well) and have two more to go. However, my next paper (South Africa) is in like two days and I have done sh*t all. It's virtually impossible for me for study for it in such short duration. Then, my final history paper is next week.

Should I just dedicate these next two days to my exam next week instead and forget about the one on Wednesday? Or revise like two topics?

How does missing an exam help you? Will you be putting in a special consideration claim? You might surprise yourself.
Not doing a-levels but I would probs at least skim over the material for Wednesday depending on how much you know off the top of your head, good luck x
Original post by 999tigger
How does missing an exam help you? Will you be putting in a special consideration claim? You might surprise yourself.

oh no, I wont physically miss it, I just mean that I'll focus my attention on my final exam instead
Original post by Anygy
oh no, I wont physically miss it, I just mean that I'll focus my attention on my final exam instead

Nope get off tsr and make some emergency notes. Maybe 6 pages- 3 pages a day.

Are you doing international A levels?

What was your British subject?
Original post by 999tigger
Nope get off tsr and make some emergency notes. Maybe 6 pages- 3 pages a day.

Are you doing international A levels?

What was your British subject?

Ok, I will. Even tho im tired :angry:

Not international, and my britain subject is protest, agitation and parliamentary reform, 1780-1928.........
Original post by Anygy
Ok, I will. Even tho im tired :angry:

Not international, and my britain subject is protest, agitation and parliamentary reform, 1780-1928.........

Glad I wasnt doing your subjects.
Original post by Anygy

I had revised 5 topics out of 6 that I had to do for Edexcel A level SNAB Biology paper 1 during the last 2 days before my exam. I absolutely hate biology and put it off, so when I had to revise all that content it was completely off putting. But I just did the most I could within those 2 days and told myself that I could actually do it and possibly keep my head above water. Which I feel like I did in the paper. Just do the most you can possibly do and encourage yourself by saying that you can do it (even if it sounds like a worn out saying), it did actually help me get through the content. Best of luck
Original post by SenpaiBlazeit
I had revised 5 topics out of 6 that I had to do for Edexcel A level SNAB Biology paper 1 during the last 2 days before my exam. I absolutely hate biology and put it off, so when I had to revise all that content it was completely off putting. But I just did the most I could within those 2 days and told myself that I could actually do it and possibly keep my head above water. Which I feel like I did in the paper. Just do the most you can possibly do and encourage yourself by saying that you can do it (even if it sounds like a worn out saying), it did actually help me get through the content. Best of luck

Hehe, I did biology snab too (still doing it I suppose, last exam next week). But idk, I always see bio as pretty different from history. People might have different opinions on this, but for me, there is actually a lot LESS content for bio compared to History :\ like, it takes me up to 25mins just to read through and make notes on 2 pages (since there are so many facts) and there are like 200+ pages ;;

But I mean, I’ll defo try. Will try n stay up to do extra work.....
Just an update, exam actually went pretty ok lmao! The two questions that were asked were from the only two topics that I revised.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending