The Student Room Group

What festivals are you going to this summer?

One of my favourite things about the summer is all the great festivals going on. Are buzzing for Reading and Leads? Itching to boogey at Lovebox? Or are you lucky enough to be getting off abroad to see your favourite acts live?

What festivals are you going to this summer?

Don't know if this counts but I've got tickets to see 3 of my favourite bands performing at the Meltdown Festival in London. I'm so excited :biggrin:

It's not really your "typical festival" where it's all muddy fields, freaky dancing and questionable clothing though! I haven't been to one of them since 2012 :laugh:
The only big one that I'm definitely off to is Graspop in Belgium. Already paid for the ticket and plane to Belgium and got my Euros. I've also got tickets for Blackwood Gathering in October.

I'll also be going to Darkness Over Cumbria and almost certainly going to Warhorns. I'll probably go to Atmosfest as a mate of mine is coming over from Germany specifically for it and he's staying with me so I probably should go to it, too. If I feel as though I've got the money for it, then I'll maybe go to Bloodstock, too.
Lovebox and Creamfields!!! I am absolutely buzzing, getting me through my exams really
Boomtown, cant wait, its got so many good bands going this year and also its boomtown, so its just gonna be one huge mash up of genres and ppl. Plus gorillaz are there this year
Original post by Amusing Elk
Don't know if this counts but I've got tickets to see 3 of my favourite bands performing at the Meltdown Festival in London. I'm so excited :biggrin:

It's not really your "typical festival" where it's all muddy fields, freaky dancing and questionable clothing though! I haven't been to one of them since 2012 :laugh:

I'm so jealous of you, the Meltdown line-up is soooo good! Have fun!! :biggrin:

The only festival I'll be going to is Best Kept Secret (in the Netherlands, ha). I couldn't actually afford it but since Arctic Monkeys are playing I got myself a one day ticket :colondollar:
Reply 6
None over the summer (aside form local things we are playing at), done about 6 smallish ones already this year, next one for me is in Sept.
Original post by gjd800
None over the summer (aside form local things we are playing at), done about 6 smallish ones already this year, next one for me is in Sept.

Warhorns? :bigsmile:
Pride
Reply 9
Original post by Manitude
Warhorns? :bigsmile:

Not as yet, although I am tempted by it if I can get the cash together (a real issue at the mo!).
Original post by gjd800
Not as yet, although I am tempted by it if I can get the cash together (a real issue at the mo!).

Last I heard they've got about 90 tickets left so it may sell out eventually. I've yet to get mine for the same reason: turns out other people having weddings is expensive! I had a blast last year (literally...got shot in the face with stage pyro) and definitely want to go back, especially now that the camping is on site rather than ~5 miles away.
Reply 11
Original post by Manitude
Last I heard they've got about 90 tickets left so it may sell out eventually. I've yet to get mine for the same reason: turns out other people having weddings is expensive! I had a blast last year (literally...got shot in the face with stage pyro) and definitely want to go back, especially now that the camping is on site rather than ~5 miles away.

Yeah I did wonder when they'd get low... I might have to convince one of the lads to sub me it, haha!
Original post by gjd800
Yeah I did wonder when they'd get low... I might have to convince one of the lads to sub me it, haha!

They said about a week ago they were down to a hundred, but they've been on sale since about December I think, so most people who are definitely going have already got one. It seems there's a regular crowd that go every year. I know some of them already from other festivals, but it'll be nice to catch up with the people I met last year. Plus if I chat to one of the organisers I might be able to wing my band playing next year :biggrin:
Is anyone looking to go to Creamfields this year but hasn't got a ticket yet?

Quick Reply

Latest