The Student Room Group
On campus at University of Greenwich
University of Greenwich
London

Degree Classification HELP

I got told that I am in the bracket of a borderline judgement. I got 68.16% for my degree, according to my own calculations. I read in the University Specification that below 2% they would *consider* this to be a first class degree. I read on various threads that some Universities consider half of the modules to be first class in order for this to be considered. Over the 10 modules throughout both years, I have 5/10 first-class. Has anyone been in the same situation as myself and been awarded the a first-class degree? If I got 3 more marks on my dissertation, I would of got awarded a first class degree. I needed only three. If this stays as a *high* 2.1, would you consider making an appeal as I do have half of my modules 70+?
Thanks for the replies.
Original post by randomaccount124
I got told that I am in the bracket of a borderline judgement. I got 68.16% for my degree, according to my own calculations. I read in the University Specification that below 2% they would *consider* this to be a first class degree. I read on various threads that some Universities consider half of the modules to be first class in order for this to be considered. Over the 10 modules throughout both years, I have 5/10 first-class. Has anyone been in the same situation as myself and been awarded the a first-class degree? If I got 3 more marks on my dissertation, I would of got awarded a first class degree. I needed only three. If this stays as a *high* 2.1, would you consider making an appeal as I do have half of my modules 70+?
Thanks for the replies.

It is utterly irrelevant what other unis do, it is what your uni does that matters. Read the rules.
You are lucky for them to even consider you as many other unis would not consider it to be a first unless it was at least 69.5%.
On campus at University of Greenwich
University of Greenwich
London
Original post by 999tigger
It is utterly irrelevant what other unis do, it is what your uni does that matters. Read the rules.
You are lucky for them to even consider you as many other unis would not consider it to be a first unless it was at least 69.5%.

I understand, but most Universities do consider borderline judgement below 2% of the classification. As its 68%+, they do consider it. I was wondering if anyone was in the same situation and they got it approved as a first. 3 marks away is not hurting anyone.
Original post by randomaccount124
I understand, but most Universities do consider borderline judgement below 2% of the classification. As its 68%+, they do consider it. I was wondering if anyone was in the same situation and they got it approved as a first. 3 marks away is not hurting anyone.

Not from what ive read and ive read quite a few, but I defer to your knowledge. I would have thought the only thing that matters are what the rules say for Greenwich and not Derby or Plymouth. Go with that argument on your appeal.
I go Greenwich and I have 68.4%. Did they give you a first???
Original post by nickmichael
I go Greenwich and I have 68.4%. Did they give you a first???

Hi @nickmichael,

Congratulations on your grade! It is always best to refer to your Personal Tutor or our Academic Regulations.

As per these regulations, your final average grade will be rounded to the nearest whole number e.g. 69.50 will be recognized as 70 and 69.49 will be recognized as 69.

Hope that helps :smile:

Tara

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending