The Student Room Group

AQA CHEMISTRY JUNE 12th 2018 UNOFFICIAL MARK SCHEME PAPER 2

Everyone put down when they remember pls 🙃

Scroll to see replies

Since no one has started an official mark scheme yet I did 😊
What did everyone get for the arrenhius question to find activation energy??? I got 54 🙃
Original post by Opeyemiobe123
What did everyone get for the arrenhius question to find activation energy??? I got 54 🙃

Did you find that when you drew the gradient the points were all scattered and there was an anomaly

55.4 it was im pretty sure.
The mechanism was elimination. Arrow from Oxygen to H+, then arrow from C-O bond to O, H2O given off, Arrow from a C-H bond to C-C bond forming a C=C bond
Got 54 too
already a mark scheme!
SAME got 54 point something. Got 181 ish for something else. Don’t rememebrr what. Also what did everyone. Write for the benzene structure and bonding. I Didn’t have much to write there
I got 56 for the arrenhius question but i’d imagine there’s a small range
Hmmm I thought it was electrophillic addition???
Kc was [C]3[D] / [A]2
I think [A] was 0.021, or 0.027 not sure which I put
Tertiary structure for one of last question
Disulfide bridge on Q10 i think
the Benzene Question - Cyclic planar, Pi orbital is ring of delocalised electrons, very stable, enthalpy of H of triene was -360, for benzene more positive as bond breaking requires more energy. c-c bond length of 140pm.
The Distillation question - No Hydrogen bonds in ethanal so BP of 49oC. Heat to 49oC to just evaporate the ethanal and nothing else, takes less energy to baek IM forces.
How to maximise yield - Make sure temperature at 49oC not above so no other liquid evaporates, I also wrote to put collecting beaker in ice bath so the pure liquid doesn't evaporate.
How to test for no carboxylic acid, add few drops of NaHCO3. Effervescence? theres a carboxylic acid. We want no effervescence
I talked about how it’s more stable by 152kjmol due to its delocalised ring of electrons and said it had a planar cyclic structure as carbon atoms only make 3 bonds so electrons in p orbital stick out above and below the plane to form a ring
Original post by tombster2000
The mechanism was elimination. Arrow from Oxygen to H+, then arrow from C-O bond to O, H2O given off, Arrow from a C-H bond to C-C bond forming a C=C bond

Thought it was electorphhillic additon?
-953 calorimetry
54.7 Arrhenius
1-phenylpropan-1-ol was a name of something
CBA for amine infrared multiple choice
E isomer is the least polar?
Original post by eliza154
-953 calorimetry
54.7 Arrhenius
1-phenylpropan-1-ol was a name of something
CBA for amine infrared multiple choice
E isomer is the least polar?

Got the same for Arrhenius equation but the least polar thing I was lost 😂 I got 54.0
Reply 17
is this for a level or gcse.... because if it is for gcse i am doomed.

Everyone put down when they remember pls 🙃
Original post by tombster2000
Kc was [C]3[D] / [A]2
I think [A] was 0.021, or 0.027 not sure which I put
Tertiary structure for one of last question
Disulfide bridge on Q10 i think
the Benzene Question - Cyclic planar, Pi orbital is ring of delocalised electrons, very stable, enthalpy of H of triene was -360, for benzene more positive as bond breaking requires more energy. c-c bond length of 140pm.
The Distillation question - No Hydrogen bonds in ethanal so BP of 49oC. Heat to 49oC to just evaporate the ethanal and nothing else, takes less energy to baek IM forces.
How to maximise yield - Make sure temperature at 49oC not above so no other liquid evaporates, I also wrote to put collecting beaker in ice bath so the pure liquid doesn't evaporate.
How to test for no carboxylic acid, add few drops of NaHCO3. Effervescence? theres a carboxylic acid. We want no effervescence

Got everything same as you 😊😊😊 expect Maxine yield question
1. Said to wash with water and filter to remove any soluble impurities and dry with absorbent paper to remove any traces of water after distillation
2. Filterate hot to remove any insoluble impurities
Original post by AC1042
is this for a level or gcse.... because if it is for gcse i am doomed.

A level don't worry haha :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending