The Student Room Group

Brunel university civil engineering

Did anyone apply to Brunel to do civil engineering?
Have you visited the campus and why did you pick Brunel?

P.s Brunel is my insurance choice.
Reply 1
??
I’m hoping to get Civil Eng with Sustainability through clearing because I’m dropping my insurance :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by dartagnankillian
I’m hoping to get Civil Eng with Sustainability through clearing because I’m dropping my insurance :smile:

What was your insurance if you dont mind me asking?
Original post by bluesunboy
What was your insurance if you dont mind me asking?

Strathclyde. I'm checking out both Brunel and Strathclyde next month though (didn't have the money to before) so I might change my mind :smile: but my insurance is UCL and I think I want to definitely be in London
Reply 5
Strathclyde. I'm checking out both Brunel and Strathclyde next month though (didn't have the money to before) so I might change my mind :smile: but my insurance is UCL and I think I want to definitely be in London

Is UCL your insurance or firm.
I firmed UCL
Is UCL your insurance or firm.
I firmed UCL

oh oops yeah I meant it's my firm.
Do you think you'll get the grades?
Reply 7
oh oops yeah I meant it's my firm.
Do you think you'll get the grades?

My offer is AAA but realistically I think im gonna get AAB physics is killer.
Hbu?
My offer is AAA but realistically I think im gonna get AAB physics is killer.
Hbu?

Aye AAA, for me Chemistry is a killer. Honestly I don’t like predicting what I’m gonna get because I don’t like setting any expectations- not being pessimistic, I could end up pleasantly surprised, but that’s how I roll :smile:
Just scary that I have no idea what’ll be in clearing tbh. Hopefully I actually like Strathclyde so I won’t have to worry- or you know, hopefully I don’t need a back-up in the first place 😬
Wherever I go I trust myself to make do though 😊
Good luck man, and good luck with finding any other peeps it’s like they’re hiding smh
Reply 9
Aye AAA, for me Chemistry is a killer. Honestly I don’t like predicting what I’m gonna get because I don’t like setting any expectations- not being pessimistic, I could end up pleasantly surprised, but that’s how I roll :smile:
Just scary that I have no idea what’ll be in clearing tbh. Hopefully I actually like Strathclyde so I won’t have to worry- or you know, hopefully I don’t need a back-up in the first place 😬
Wherever I go I trust myself to make do though 😊
Good luck man, and good luck with finding any other peeps it’s like they’re hiding smh

lol true, btw what did you get in your AS.
Good luck to you too.
lol true, btw what did you get in your AS.
Good luck to you too.

A*BBB, but A. Did not revise at all but I have now and B. I had an extenuating circumstance. Honestly have 0 idea what’s gonna happen :smile:
Wby
A*BBB, but A. Did not revise at all but I have now and B. I had an extenuating circumstance. Honestly have 0 idea what’s gonna happen :smile:
Wby

Thats really good, I didnt have an As in physics because of the new spec and I got 2 B's in maths and further maths(really close to an A)
And yea I agree with you about not revising, I got a bit too big headed and hardly revised
Thats really good, I didnt have an As in physics because of the new spec and I got 2 B's in maths and further maths(really close to an A)
And yea I agree with you about not revising, I got a bit too big headed and hardly revised

Which exam board do you do for physics? And it’s sad they changed exam style recently for both my physics and Chem as the old style is way easier n there’s more past papers 🤨 I’m AQA for physics, with turning points as our option module (it’s actually pretty good).
And those are pretty good grades though man. A lot of people, in my school at least, do ‘bad’ in Y12 because nobody realises how serious it is yet
Which exam board do you do for physics? And it’s sad they changed exam style recently for both my physics and Chem as the old style is way easier n there’s more past papers 🤨 I’m AQA for physics, with turning points as our option module (it’s actually pretty good).
And those are pretty good grades though man. A lot of people, in my school at least, do ‘bad’ in Y12 because nobody realises how serious it is yet

Thx, I do OCR which have no optional module we have to do all six.
They also have this really hard unified paper which im sitting tomorrow which covers all the modules.
Thx, I do OCR which have no optional module we have to do all six.
They also have this really hard unified paper which im sitting tomorrow which covers all the modules.

Ugh I have OCR from Chem and we have a unified paper next week which is hardcore too, so I get you. With AQA the grade boundaries are real low though. Good luck. Just a week and it’s all over for me... 2 years of education for 12 exams over 3 weeks I better not have messed up 🤞🏽
Ugh I have OCR from Chem and we have a unified paper next week which is hardcore too, so I get you. With AQA the grade boundaries are real low though. Good luck. Just a week and it’s all over for me... 2 years of education for 12 exams over 3 weeks I better not have messed up 🤞🏽

The gradeboundries for OCR physics are pretty low too, lucky you I finish on the 25th
Good luck and I hope you smash your exams.
The gradeboundries for OCR physics are pretty low too, lucky you I finish on the 25th
Good luck and I hope you smash your exams.

Cheers, you too.
In the meant time I'm just avoiding all of these unofficial markschemes...
Cheers, you too.
In the meant time I'm just avoiding all of these unofficial markschemes...

I know they freak me out, however im always curious to see how I did.

Quick Reply

Latest