The Student Room Group

Top models Beware it's a scam

How do u know it's a scam? 2 days ago I signed up for top models thinking it would be really good I have a email 2 days after saying I have passed and I have to call this number to speak to Michelle to arrange a photo shot this was at 7:20 pm so the next day I rang up to arrange a photo shoot she was really nice on the phone saying I have good looks etc.. I thought noting about it she said I had to pay £50 deposit towards the slot to save my space and she will pay for my hair makeup etc.. she also said that she will ring me back at 1:30 I've still not had a phone call but my sister did the same thing and she ended up calling her back my sister said she carnt get the £50 and Michelle then said sorry but you won't get your slot and she said I'll ring back in a hour to see if u changed ur maind me and my sister thought something going on my mum and brother said it was a scam but I just didn't listen me and my sister search it up about what other people had to say and they said it's a scam they had to pay other 10,000 etc and that because they wanted us to visit that top models in London it's not a actually studio it a small flat and people aren't what u think they are and they try and get you to give u money they will make u feel special and give u what ur hoping to hear but in my opinion it's true this is a scam u can think what you want but trust me it is and I am only trying to help other people not to get scammed because no model will not ask you for a £50 deposit (WARING DO NOT TRUST THIS SITE)
A legitimate agency would never ask any potential employee to pay them anything. It's a common scam with these " model agencies". They pick on impressionable young girls who fall for the flattery. You should make a report to trading standards.
Technically it's not a scam because apparently these agencies make you a portfolio and don't actually guarantee you a contract
Original post by AnIndianGuy
Technically it's not a scam because apparently these agencies make you a portfolio and don't actually guarantee you a contract

Username checks out.
Hi whats the name of this company? is it uk models ?? i was gonna go to these but i went to visual studios who was really helpful .. yes i bought a portfolio but it was alot cheaper than the uk models one... i am now signed to 3 agencies and i own the copyright to my portfolio ... im ongoing with commercial modeling now and im in corrie as an extra next month.. i also heard uk models don't work with agencies and only make money from the portfolios is this right ? if so i can see why they are charging £3500 for a portfolio not nice though if your then stuck with a singing and dancing portfolio and no agencies !! ... i think visual studios get paid from agencies also... anyway im happy with the process of this xx
Reply 5
Original post by JoannaJane22
Hi whats the name of this company? is it uk models ?? i was gonna go to these but i went to visual studios who was really helpful .. yes i bought a portfolio but it was alot cheaper than the uk models one... i am now signed to 3 agencies and i own the copyright to my portfolio ... im ongoing with commercial modeling now and im in corrie as an extra next month.. i also heard uk models don't work with agencies and only make money from the portfolios is this right ? if so i can see why they are charging £3500 for a portfolio not nice though if your then stuck with a singing and dancing portfolio and no agencies !! ... i think visual studios get paid from agencies also... anyway im happy with the process of this xx
So is uk models a scam ? My daughter's just been excepted ?
Reply 6
So has mine. And I don't know what to do!!They Have just phoned me it's 18:41 in the evening seems desperate to me. So I didn't answer!I don't know what to think about uk models....
Top Model is ****ing ****. I was just in the finals. You pay £275 to secure your place, this is meant to pay for the ‘coaching’ etc. You have 1 coaching day and 1 rehearsals where they fit you with your ‘designer’. They rake your measurements but honestly the designers are so shite, unheard of. And you get so excited thinking they’ll put you in high fashion gear. BRO THE AMOUNT OF GIRLS THAT CRY because their ‘designer’ puts them in clothes that are WAY TOO BIG and unflattering. You shouldn’t cry about what you’re going to wear for the competition. My make up artist ruined my face, and hid my cheekbones, and they put foundation on my eyelids and lips and contoured my nose BIGGER. I felt so ugly going up. And also, who won the natural ‘curves’? A woman who’s size 4 UK/0 US. It’s the biggest disappointment

Latest