The Student Room Group

Best singer/rapper of all time?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by _Dirac_
Agreed Sinatra is classic! Morrissey was the lead singer of The Smiths. Great band

So many people don't know Sinatra-it's SHOCKING.

The Smiths, I can't figure out who they are right now, BUT I am dead sure I have heard of them (like literally their music) :smile:
Original post by LavenderBlueSky88
Matt Bellamy has an insane falsetto, I’ve seen him do microcuts live, it was bloody amazing.

ahhh stop with all the actually iconic singers!
Original post by JustSomeRandomer
Ariana and nicki hahahaha

who still outperformed and outsold your flop fave sweaty

Original post by sarcasticfan
Kpop

that's not a singer or rapper lmao-a genre

Original post by Donaarumna
dj khaled

the sexist misogynistic one? my fave too!
no sorry i ment big narstie
Original post by Shashyboi
Singer - Anthony kiedis
Rapper - controversial but Russ and biggie

I don't know any of them except the Red Hot Chili Peppers one but the rappers seem dead af
Original post by ohdearstudying
who still outperformed and outsold your flop fave sweaty

Well, I am sorry but you are trying to slate me for my music when yours is ideal for
1) - A 7-year-old
2) - Someone with an extra chromosome.

I also observed that you have attempted to call people "Sweetie" however that miserably failed and misspelt it leading to you calling the "sweaty" but at least you tried. So before you carry on with your egotistical high horse at least take into consideration you are slightly dumb if you cannot spell "Sweetie" and the fact that your music is ideal for a year 5.
I was going to support NTLTC, Chun-Li and Lust For Life wherever they performed, it's just a good thing to add that they are successful and their figures show it. And you cannot argue with a song going to #1 in 80+ countries.

Sure you can, lots of terrible songs have had mainstream success.

If an artist has 0 number 1s (in the time where there was number 1s) and no notable albums, they're flops.

Notable as in?

How do you decide whether you like a song?

The music.
Well, I am sorry but you are trying to slate me for my music when yours is ideal for
1) - A 7-year-old
2) - Someone with an extra chromosome.

I also observed that you have attempted to call people "Sweetie" however that miserably failed and misspelt it leading to you calling the "sweaty" but at least you tried. So before you carry on with your egotistical high horse at least take into consideration you are slightly dumb if you cannot spell "Sweetie" and the fact that your music is ideal for a year 5.

I highly doubt 7 year olds listen to Nicki Minaj but go off

Also care to elaborate what the "extra chromosome" comment means, please :smile:

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=sweaty

It's a Twitter slang term, it's not a genuine spelling and is used as a sarcastic insult-it's not that deep.
Original post by Wilfred Little
Sure you can, lots of terrible songs have had mainstream success.

Notable as in?

The music.

I don't think a terrible song would go to number 1 in 80 plus countries and being terrible is subjective, but the charts don't lie.

Notable as in, Grammy nominated, MTV EMA/VMA nominated, BBH200 charting-something along those lines.

And I listen to the music, which is why I like the artists
I highly doubt 7 year olds listen to Nicki Minaj but go off

Also care to elaborate what the "extra chromosome" comment means, please :smile:

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=sweaty

It's a Twitter slang term, it's not a genuine spelling and is used as a sarcastic insult-it's not that deep.

The extra chromosome was hyperbole. The way some people act they probably have listened to crap like that when they were younger and for the "sweaty" I do not use twitter so I would not know.
The extra chromosome was hyperbole. The way some people act they probably have listened to crap like that when they were younger and for the "sweaty" I do not use twitter so I would not know.

i'm still confused you tried to come for me and all you can say is you don't use twitter and it was "hyperbole".

tbh i've been a fan of ariana since i was like 12.
I don't think a terrible song would go to number 1 in 80 plus countries and being terrible is subjective, but the charts don't lie.

Notable as in, Grammy nominated, MTV EMA/VMA nominated, BBH200 charting-something along those lines.

And I listen to the music, which is why I like the artists

You are basing your entire argument about whether something is good or not on chart success.
i'm still confused you tried to come for me and all you can say is you don't use twitter and it was "hyperbole".

tbh i've been a fan of ariana since i was like 12.

I came at you simply because you decided to be petty about my choice of music. And I do not get what you want me to say.
I came at you simply because you decided to be petty about my choice of music. And I do not get what you want me to say.

petty or factual?

Original post by Wilfred Little
You are basing your entire argument about whether something is good or not on chart success.

no, i literally said i love the artist and love the music b.

and MTV EMA isn''t a chart, try googling before typing
Amy Winehouse and Michael Jackson
Original post by Ikhan1
Amy Winehouse and Michael Jackson

no thanks.

we don't support drug addicts and whitewashed musicians thank you very much x
no thanks.

we don't support drug addicts and whitewashed musicians thank you very much x

Im judging them based on their music, not their life style choices. Also, MJ had a skin condition
(edited 5 years ago)
petty or factual?

no, i literally said i love the artist and love the music b.

and MTV EMA isn''t a chart, try googling before typing

You call these facts when you went on a few charts and said someone is good because of them. Your argument as well for Kanye not being as good as Ariana it was again was "Also, Kanye's top grossing tour is $40million, whilst Ariana is sitting comfortably at $71million...so..... ".

Well if money actually meant something in term of talent and ability to make good music I would listen but this just staples the fact you are a narcissist who is full of denial.

Also, you seem to define talent as being high up in the charts which is also bs. If that was the case you would have juxtaposed yourself since we can infer that you do not like xxx whatever his name is. I am not a fan of him but if your "facts" were true then, in that case, xxx would be good as well since he hit number one on some charts with his new album.
Now, this is just pure stupidity. You call these facts when you went on a few charts and said someone is good because of them. Your argument as well for Kanye not being as good as Ariana it was again was "Also, Kanye's top grossing tour is $40million, whilst Ariana is sitting comfortably at $71million...so..... ".

Well if money actually meant something in term of talent and ability to make good music I would listen but this just staples the fact you are a narcissist who is full of denial.

Also, you seem to define talent as being high up in the charts which is also bs. If that was the case you would have juxtaposed yourself since we can infer that you do not like xxx whatever his name is. I am not a fan of him but if your "facts" were true then, in that case, xxx would be good as well since he hit number one on some charts with his new album.

So please stop blowing smoke up your ars* and make up your mind.

i only refer to the BBH100, itunes global and spotify global, and us itunes-which he failed to chart notably in sis.

learn the facts then try again.
so im pickin it up pickin up

....guesss the songgg peopleee

Quick Reply

Latest