The Student Room Group

Which A level is easier?

In your opinion which of these A levels is the easiest: Maths, Physics or Geography?
Obviously I understand that all A levels are hard but which is the easier of the three? Thanks!
geo 4 sure
They’re all hard rip u
Reply 3
Original post by Lozzylouise
In your opinion which of these A levels is the easiest: Maths, Physics or Geography?
Obviously I understand that all A levels are hard but which is the easier of the three? Thanks!

Maths
Geography
I think geography is the easiest personally but it really depends on what you like!

Maths is definitely a no-go for me even though I quite like GCSE maths.

:smile:
Reply 6
The previous maths A-level was certainly too easy and probably the easiest of these three. Having looked at new specimen papers they seem to have made it harder, but it's still too easy.
Reply 7
Original post by Jenjenss
They’re all hard rip u

Ikr 😩
Reply 8
Original post by math42
The previous maths A-level was certainly too easy and probably the easiest of these three. Having looked at new specimen papers they seem to have made it harder, but it's still too easy.

I am predicted a 7 for GCSE, how much do you think I would struggle?
Reply 9
I am predicted a 7 for GCSE, how much do you think I would struggle?

Is that basically an A?

Is so then you should be fine
Reply 10
Original post by thestudent33
I think geography is the easiest personally but it really depends on what you like!

Maths is definitely a no-go for me even though I quite like GCSE maths.

:smile:

That’s the problem, I like gcse maths but I’m scared that a level will be too hard and I will end up hating it.
The problem with geography is that I love physical geography but I hate human geography and the fieldwork part.
What did you get for gcse geography? And how hard do you find a level geography?

I did Maths and Geography at AS and I dropped Geography this year, so you can prob tell I find Maths easier. I didn't like the waffliness of Geography (especially human geog) and found it hard writing essays, but it really depends on what you like/are good at.
Reply 12
I do all 3- have done 2/3 of my physics exams, all my geography exams and still got A2 maths next week. All are challenging A-levels but straight away I can tell you physics is the hardest- don’t let that put you of though as it’s also the most interesting. Geography is very content heavy as well as being boring although the knowledge isn’t that ‘hard’ this makes it hard to revise. Maths is a good subject to have and once you get used to it fairly straight forward- I have no experience of the new A-level though. In a nutshell physics is the hardest but the most interesting making it better to revise, geography is definitely easier but the lack of past papers and boring content (some is interesting but who gives a **** about soils) makes it hard to revise.
Geography...obviously....

Maths and physics yikes.
Phy > Maths > Geo

my guess would be this order
from harder to easier

Based on the options there is, Geography is not the easiest. Do not be fooled! Physics would be close to the easiest since it is not far off from GCSE level so I would say Physics
Reply 16
Original post by JackFin
I do all 3- have done 2/3 of my physics exams, all my geography exams and still got A2 maths next week. All are challenging A-levels but straight away I can tell you physics is the hardest- don’t let that put you of though as it’s also the most interesting. Geography is very content heavy as well as being boring although the knowledge isn’t that ‘hard’ this makes it hard to revise. Maths is a good subject to have and once you get used to it fairly straight forward- I have no experience of the new A-level though. In a nutshell physics is the hardest but the most interesting making it better to revise, geography is definitely easier but the lack of past papers and boring content (some is interesting but who gives a **** about soils) makes it hard to revise.

Thanks this was really helpful! Good luck with the rest of your exams 😊

Quick Reply

Latest