The Student Room Group

A Level Economics Edexcel Grade Boundaries

does anyone know what the grade boundaries were for last year? impossible to find. Also anyone got any predictions for this year since two of the three are over?
Reply 1
91198AF6-A999-424B-85FC-2E1D8C2520BF.jpg.jpeg
Those are last years grade boundaries
Reply 2
Oh I don’t know why the picture has gone so blurry but the link is
https://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/Support/Grade-boundaries/A-level/1706-a-level-grade-boundaries-v3.pdf

Then scroll down to page 13 for econ
Reply 3
Original post by temzra
Oh I don’t know why the picture has gone so blurry but the link is
https://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/Support/Grade-boundaries/A-level/1706-a-level-grade-boundaries-v3.pdf

Then scroll down to page 13 for econ

that's what I'm talking about. the exams are out of 100 Mark's each and none of the them listed are like that
Reply 4
Because they don’t do grade boundaries for the separate papers. They only do it for all the papers together and as a percentage
Reply 6
Original post by temzra
Because they don’t do grade boundaries for the separate papers. They only do it for all the papers together and as a percentage

yeah but if there's three exams of 100 marks then the total would be 300. also none with that, makes no sense
Reply 7
Yhh but they can’t do it as marks since the three papers are worth different percentages.
Paper one and two is 35%
Paper 3 is 30%
So even though it says max mark of 335 it’s because they make it seem as if paper one and two have 17.5 more marks which is the extra 5%.
Basically paper one and two are 117.5 marks
Paper one is 100
They have to do it this way because of the percentage difference and them being required to write it in the form of a raw mark
Reply 8
Original post by temzra
Yhh but they can’t do it as marks since the three papers are worth different percentages.
Paper one and two is 35%
Paper 3 is 30%
So even though it says max mark of 335 it’s because they make it seem as if paper one and two have 17.5 more marks which is the extra 5%.
Basically paper one and two are 117.5 marks
Paper one is 100
They have to do it this way because of the percentage difference and them being required to write it in the form of a raw mark

ahh, makes sense cheers

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending