post your answers here, ill try to right down as many as I can remember

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
None of these are in order btw soz

water vapour condenses to form oceans

i got 20% for the oxygen percentage q

the moles q i done 0.1/24 it was 0.4something

type of reaction that polyester is a condensation

for the ionic substance one and electric current or something i originally thought electrolysis but then i changed to writing about tests for anions and cations

last 6 marker i wrote about using litmus paper phenyolthalein(not spelt correct) and methyll orange testing for hydrogen ions, and for the test for the test for carbonate ions i wrote about how you add dilute HCl and it releases carbon dioxide if carbonate ions are present so you bubble it through limewater and to test for alkanes and alkenes test using bromine water.

for the bond energy question i cant remember my answer but i multiplied the O-H one by 4 because there were 2 O-H in h2O so you multiply for 2 and since it was balanced with a 2 in front of the H2O you mulitply by 2 again (or 4 altogether)

the iron(II)hydroxide i believe that was green turning brown precipitate when exposed to air oxidised to Iron(III) Hydroxide because iron 3 + turns brown

coalent bond definitions obvs shared pair of electrons etc

For the crude oil question and which one should be cracked I put Fuel oil because it was the most in crude oil and its defo right because i checked the cgp book

the question about drawing the reactants for polyester i drew the dicarboxylic acid (it has 2 cooh) and diol monomer(alcohol and has 2 OH) since it was a condensation polymerisation

the ceramics q i talked about how it doesnt react unlike the metal (cant remember the name) and since a washer basin involves water i guess you wouldnt want it to react

the q about the alcohol burning and theoretical temp i said heat was lost as there was no insulation and the q after that to get a closer temp to theoretical i said to use a copper calorimeter to insulate the heat and prevent heat loss. I also said to stir the thermometer to evenly distribute the heat (probs irrelevant)

the q about how each alcohol was similar i said they all had the functional group OH, they all in the homologus series -ol, they all are made up of hydrocarbons (i kinda guessed this q lmao)

the q about using PVC being used in wires i said that it is an electrically insulating material etc

the q about why alkanes are hydrocarbons i said its because alkanes are made up of hydrogen and carbon ONLY

the damp blue litmus paper when exposed to chlorine gas turns red (its acidic) and then bleaches white.

the damp red litmus paper and HCL one i wrote about ammonia gas produced in solution but thinking back im pretty sure im wrong because i think it was to do with acid but oh well lol.

Propanol+oxygen ---> propanoic acid

alkane general formula was CnH2n+2

the polymer question to draw the monomer i just added the C double bond and drew teh same thing but the bonds were at an angle (if that makes sense) and added an n at the front

the q at the beginning about there being iron oxide in the rocks i said that green plants photosynthesise to take in CO2 and release oxygen. Oxygen then reacts with the iron to from iron oxide so the amount of it increases

the mulitple choice about lithium sodium potassium and why potassium ignites was because it is most reactive

the q about lithium sodium potassium, potassium is most reactive sodium in the middle and lithium least reactive and i explained it eg about larger atomic radius as you go down the group, increase shielding, force between nucleas and electron weaken, outer electron lost more easily, more more readily an outer electron is lost the more reactive it is etc

6 marker on collision theory- temp increases rate of reaction ,particles have more energy move faster activation energy reached, collision freq is larger. Concentration increase the particles in the same volume, more particles more collision etc.

the graph we had to draw was endo so reactants had lower energy than products and label its activation energy and the energy absorbed etc.

for the tangent on the graph i did 25/50, not sure if its right tho :/

to collect gas use gas syringe

I cant remember any more hope it helps and if im wrong then put your answers as well :smile:)))))
Reply 2
also the empricial formula was Na2O
Last question. I wrote everything that was asked and got it right but also added extra stuff that is wrong and likely won't be part of the mark scheme (like carboxylic acid also becoming colourless when bromine water is added and a balanced equation for that reaction that is wrong either way). Will I still get marked down for that?
Original post by ayyyyyylmao

last 6 marker i wrote about using litmus paper phenyolthalein(not spelt correct) and methyll orange testing for hydrogen ions, and for the test for the test for carbonate ions i wrote about how you add dilute HCl and it releases carbon dioxide if carbonate ions are present so you bubble it through limewater and to test for alkanes and alkenes test using bromine water.

The carboxylic acid is the acid you add to a carbonate lol. You don't add HCl to the carboxylic acid since carboxylic acid doesn't have the properties of a carbonate. I thought the same as you too but read the question again and realised that isn't what the question meant.
Reply 5
Original post by lorddemaxus
The carboxylic acid is the acid you add to a carbonate lol. You don't add HCl to the carboxylic acid since carboxylic acid doesn't have the properties of a carbonate. I thought the same as you too but read the question again and realised that isn't what the question meant.

oh right, that was a weird q anyway not bothered with it lol but thanks
Reply 6
oh right, that was a weird q anyway not bothered with it lol but thanks

So was it not petrol?
Original post by frageeko
So was it not petrol?

I thought it was petrol as demand was higher.
Reply 8
For the potassium question. Why is it more reactive. Sodium is more reactive than lithium and also ignites.
None of these are in order btw soz

water vapour condenses to form oceans

i got 20% for the oxygen percentage q

the moles q i done 0.1/24 it was 0.4something

type of reaction that polyester is a condensation

for the ionic substance one and electric current or something i originally thought electrolysis but then i changed to writing about tests for anions and cations

for the bond energy question i cant remember my answer but i multiplied the O-H one by 4 because there were 2 O-H in h2O so you multiply for 2 and since it was balanced with a 2 in front of the H2O you mulitply by 2 again (or 4 altogether)

the iron(II)hydroxide i believe that was green turning brown precipitate when exposed to air oxidised to Iron(III) Hydroxide because iron 3 + turns brown

coalent bond definitions obvs shared pair of electrons etc

For the crude oil question and which one should be cracked I put Fuel oil because it was the most in crude oil and its defo right because i checked the cgp book

the question about drawing the reactants for polyester i drew the dicarboxylic acid (it has 2 cooh) and diol monomer(alcohol and has 2 OH) since it was a condensation polymerisation

the ceramics q i talked about how it doesnt react unlike the metal (cant remember the name) and since a washer basin involves water i guess you wouldnt want it to react

the q about the alcohol burning and theoretical temp i said heat was lost as there was no insulation and the q after that to get a closer temp to theoretical i said to use a copper calorimeter to insulate the heat and prevent heat loss. I also said to stir the thermometer to evenly distribute the heat (probs irrelevant)

the q about how each alcohol was similar i said they all had the functional group OH, they all in the homologus series -ol, they all are made up of hydrocarbons (i kinda guessed this q lmao)

the q about using PVC being used in wires i said that it is an electrically insulating material etc

the q about why alkanes are hydrocarbons i said its because alkanes are made up of hydrogen and carbon ONLY

the damp blue litmus paper when exposed to chlorine gas turns red (its acidic) and then bleaches white.

the damp red litmus paper and HCL one i wrote about ammonia gas produced in solution but thinking back im pretty sure im wrong because i think it was to do with acid but oh well lol.

Propanol+oxygen ---> propanoic acid

alkane general formula was CnH2n+2

the polymer question to draw the monomer i just added the C double bond and drew teh same thing but the bonds were at an angle (if that makes sense) and added an n at the front

the q at the beginning about there being iron oxide in the rocks i said that green plants photosynthesise to take in CO2 and release oxygen. Oxygen then reacts with the iron to from iron oxide so the amount of it increases

the mulitple choice about lithium sodium potassium and why potassium ignites was because it is most reactive

the q about lithium sodium potassium, potassium is most reactive sodium in the middle and lithium least reactive and i explained it eg about larger atomic radius as you go down the group, increase shielding, force between nucleas and electron weaken, outer electron lost more easily, more more readily an outer electron is lost the more reactive it is etc

6 marker on collision theory- temp increases rate of reaction ,particles have more energy move faster activation energy reached, collision freq is larger. Concentration increase the particles in the same volume, more particles more collision etc.

the graph we had to draw was endo so reactants had lower energy than products and label its activation energy and the energy absorbed etc.

for the tangent on the graph i did 25/50, not sure if its right tho :/

to collect gas use gas syringe

I cant remember any more hope it helps and if im wrong then put your answers as well :smile:)))))

Is this for paper 2C or 2CR?
Reply 10
So you know for the q when it was like why does the litmus paper go red before bleaching white. Did y’all write suttin about it being acidic cuz I literally guessed 😂😂
Original post by lorddemaxus
Last question. I wrote everything that was asked and got it right but also added extra stuff that is wrong and likely won't be part of the mark scheme (like carboxylic acid also becoming colourless when bromine water is added and a balanced equation for that reaction that is wrong either way). Will I still get marked down for that?

Maybe it depends on the examiner i guess. If what you said before is correct i think you wont lose all the marks but dont take my word for that.
Reply 12
Guys is it fine if i just wrote at the end the litmus paper will look bleched white,

And what di you guys think the grade boundries will be like
Original post by Shezi123
For the potassium question. Why is it more reactive. Sodium is more reactive than lithium and also ignites.

Dont forget you have to talk about the configurations. So the larger the group 1 element the more reactive as the outer electrons move further away from the nucleus making it easier for the electron to be lost potassium is the largest out of the three with config 2.8.8.1 while sodium is in the middle at 2.8.1 and lithium is 2.1
Original post by WSPG
Guys is it fine if i just wrote at the end the litmus paper will look bleched white,

And what di you guys think the grade boundries will be like

You had to say it turned red then bleached white
For the last six marker,

I first mentioned the bromine water to tell which one is the alkene. Then between the alkane and carboxylic acid I said to add a hydroxide which will neutralize the hydrogen ions present in the carboxylic acid, where a balances equation would be H+ + OH- = H20, Then you would heat the solution and a carboxylic acid is a long chain molecule therefore a higher boiling point so water will be evaporated first. Then you can collect it in a different flask and test using a pH scale which will result in pH 7 since water is neutral. So that then the carboxylic acid is determined. Its a long winded method but if makes sense in a way?? Could someone tell me if my weird neutralization and bromine water method would get me 6 marks???? THANKS
for the volume of gas i got 80%, because the oxygen collected was 40 out of 50. So 40/50 *100 = 80. This is screwing my thought!!!
Reply 17
Original post by hersheycharm
for the volume of gas i got 80%, because the oxygen collected was 40 out of 50. So 40/50 *100 = 80. This is screwing my thought!!!

You were suppose to do 50-40 the divide it by 50 and the number multiply by 100 which gives 20% because you initially had 50 as air and then it reduced to 40 when oxygen was being extracted so 50-40 is the oxygen in the air
Waht did you get for the green iron and what you would see in this reaction. Can't remember the full question
Original post by Ali_Ghalwash
Maybe it depends on the examiner i guess. If what you said before is correct i think you wont lose all the marks but dont take my word for that.

Yep apparently our exams are going to be marked positively which means anything u say correct will be given a mark however if u added more to that and what u added extra contradicts what u said positively will mean u don’t get the marks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending