The Student Room Group
Roehampton Library | Roehampton University
University of Roehampton
London
Visit website

Who to ask at Roehampton to confirm Degree classification grade?

Hi,

I am a Roehampton final year Primary Education student that has finally received my last grade for my degree.

I am now waiting for a academic decision regarding a placement re-sit and currently am not continuing with QTS.

I am not completely sure how my degree classification works.

I know that to work out my overall grade, the university uses the 10 highest grades from Year 2 and year 3.

This means the two lowest grades can be dropped.

MY Y3 grades are:
Mental health: 66
Art: 56
CW:75
Computing+DT:59
PS:56
Eng/Maths/Science: 45

My Y2 grades are:
Placement: GOOD/Some elements of high (not sure what I get for this)
Science/Maths: 49.5
Art: 55
History:60

Dropped Y2- Professional studies 40 and English 40

I'm unsure how I should work out my classification correctly, please could anyone help me work it out.

I need to make sure I have received 60 overall to have received a 2:1 degree classification.

I really hope my second year and Eng/Maths and Science haven't let me down!

Thanks,

Lucy
Original post by Lucy39
Hi,

I am a Roehampton final year Primary Education student that has finally received my last grade for my degree.

I am now waiting for a academic decision regarding a placement re-sit and currently am not continuing with QTS.

I am not completely sure how my degree classification works.

I know that to work out my overall grade, the university uses the 10 highest grades from Year 2 and year 3.

This means the two lowest grades can be dropped.

MY Y3 grades are:
Mental health: 66
Art: 56
CW:75
Computing+DT:59
PS:56
Eng/Maths/Science: 45

My Y2 grades are:
Placement: GOOD/Some elements of high (not sure what I get for this)
Science/Maths: 49.5
Art: 55
History:60

Dropped Y2- Professional studies 40 and English 40

I'm unsure how I should work out my classification correctly, please could anyone help me work it out.

I need to make sure I have received 60 overall to have received a 2:1 degree classification.

I really hope my second year and Eng/Maths and Science haven't let me down!

Thanks,

Lucy

Hi Lucy,

Item 24 in this document, https://www.roehampton.ac.uk/globalassets/documents/quality-and-standards/taught-degree-regulations-2017-18.pdf, has information regarding how degrees are awarded.

Your provisional marks will be available in your Academic Profile, on the Student Portal, now.

You will be sent a letter in mid-July to confirm your degree classification, as well as this being changed on your Academic Profile.

Please contact your personal tutor for personalised advice on this matter.

Have a great day!
Roehampton Library | Roehampton University
University of Roehampton
London
Visit website
Reply 2
Hi there,

Thank you! Yes that’s where I found my results, most of them were on there last year as I was due to graduate last year but was delayed due to multiple injuries and an operation.

My most recent result hasn’t been uploaded onto my academic profile yet but has been given to me by my tutor by email.

Do you know if there is somewhere I can find particular information on how to work out primary education classification grades? Most information is directed at other courses.

I am going to be in Roehampton tomorrow so will ask at rsu!

My tutor has not replied and my colleagues have said they are waiting/ just waited for their grades last year as it was too complicated to work out.

Thanks, you too!

Lucy :smile:
Original post by Lucy39
Hi there,

Thank you! Yes that’s where I found my results, most of them were on there last year as I was due to graduate last year but was delayed due to multiple injuries and an operation.

My most recent result hasn’t been uploaded onto my academic profile yet but has been given to me by my tutor by email.

Do you know if there is somewhere I can find particular information on how to work out primary education classification grades? Most information is directed at other courses.

I am going to be in Roehampton tomorrow so will ask at rsu!

My tutor has not replied and my colleagues have said they are waiting/ just waited for their grades last year as it was too complicated to work out.

Thanks, you too!

Lucy :smile:

Hi Lucy,

Please contact Nichola King at [email protected] for further advice.

As the RSU are a separate organisation to the university, they will be unable to provide advice on how to calculate your degree.

Good luck with finding out your classification!
Reply 4
Original post by University of Roehampton (Official)
Hi Lucy,

Please contact Nichola King at [email protected] for further advice.

As the RSU are a separate organisation to the university, they will be unable to provide advice on how to calculate your degree.

Good luck with finding out your classification!

Thank you! I was going to see if they could direct me to the right person :smile:

Quick Reply